X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tryagn5
    replied
    Originally posted by USMCPOP View Post
    Me and JW are just making money. Fifty bucks (I am a generous man).[ATTACH]33852[/ATTACH]

If you live close to oswego illinois i would buy it! Clear coat it as it sits, then put a mailbox in it, have a perfect house to mount it. Put the unit on a timer set for night, hook stinger to door, ground to mailbox, boom no more stolen mail!
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Sparky1957
    replied
    arc welder

The Lincoln Idealarc 250 or the Miller Dialarc 250 would get my vote. Both are great machines

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by sturugged View Post
    For fifty bucks id buy that and dust it off and put it in the living room next to the couch. Im kind of a tool addict though. Must be a welder thing, If it still works though seriously that would be a great unit just to have and use once and a while. Guess id have to get a restored Sa-200 with a countertop for an island in the kitchen or man cave to match it then. I might be onto something i think..... Gotta have some blue ones to balance it out though.
    Thats a great idea. I have my dads old mid 60's Westinghouse CV supply that isn't being used. It could sit right next to my recliner with a glass top on it. Maybe shorten up the spool gun wires and make a wall hanger out of it...Bob

Leave a comment:

• sturugged
    replied
    Man that baby is vintage iron ! I like it.

For fifty bucks id buy that and dust it off and put it in the living room next to the couch. Im kind of a tool addict though. Must be a welder thing, If it still works though seriously that would be a great unit just to have and use once and a while. Guess id have to get a restored Sa-200 with a countertop for an island in the kitchen or man cave to match it then. I might be onto something i think..... Gotta have some blue ones to balance it out though.

Leave a comment:

• USMCPOP
    replied
    Me and JW are just making money. Fifty bucks (I am a generous man).Click image for larger version

Name:	Lincwelder ac-180-c 1952 ad.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	516441

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by sturugged View Post
    Hello weldmaster, pay no attention to the hecklers from the peanut gallery. The question you ask is very common. What do you want to weld with the machine and your skill level will determine the best choice in selecting a welding machine. If your doing steel and depending on thickness can help determine where you want to be looking. If your in to learn and have the possibilities for growth and expanded options also will help you determine your ideal machine. Their are numerous options, you could go with a small mig unit for lightweight fab and repairs or you could choose a stick / Tig machine that can do more specialty work. How often do you intend to be welding? If you have done any welding before? I would try to borrow or rent a few types that best suit your needs instead of forking out a bunch of cash on a new one.
    Well put... +1

If you are looking for a decent entry level stick machine... USMCPOP's list will be useful as well...

We all had to start learning somewhere.... no shame in that...

In addition... there is a lot of useful free info in the "Improve Your Skills" area of "Resources" that you might find useful..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...g-your-skills/
    Last edited by H80N; 03-15-2014, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sturugged
    replied
    Welcome to the forum

Hello weldmaster, pay no attention to the hecklers from the peanut gallery. The question you ask is very common. What do you want to weld with the machine and your skill level will determine the best choice in selecting a welding machine. If your doing steel and depending on thickness can help determine where you want to be looking. If your in to learn and have the possibilities for growth and expanded options also will help you determine your ideal machine. Their are numerous options, you could go with a small mig unit for lightweight fab and repairs or you could choose a stick / Tig machine that can do more specialty work. How often do you intend to be welding? If you have done any welding before? I would try to borrow or rent a few types that best suit your needs instead of forking out a bunch of cash on a new one.

Leave a comment:

• kize
    replied
    This thread is cracking me up. Starting to sound like comedy central.

Leave a comment:

• elvis
    replied
    I would recommend a dynasty 700. You can hook up a stinger and really burn some rod.

Also, you will only be able to buy it if you drive a Chevy. All other trucks will break the welder. You can also only use it around john Deere tractors while carrying smith and Wesson for protection. If you deviate from these rules at all the welder will break and will not be covered by warranty

Leave a comment:

• USMCPOP
    replied
    In some areas, used AC "buzzboxes" go from $50. - $150. and AC-DC versions are $150. - $250. Some of the common ones:

Lincoln AC 180, AC225
    Miller Thunderbolt
    Hobart Stickmate
    AIRCO Bumblebee - crank type (Miller)
    Century
    Sears/Wards (many are rebadged Century)
    Marquette
    Mid-States
    Forney
    Dayton

Next up $250. - $500 would be Lincoln Idealarc 250, Miller Dialarc 250, AIRCO (rebadged Dialarc or Miller 250).

Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
    A " Welder " is a machine.......... A "Weldor " is a Person ! Ha ha Not Jokin !!

Norm

Not necessarily. Look at very old books printed before 1800. "Welders" were people who forge welded stuff because there were no welding machines.
    Last edited by USMCPOP; 03-15-2014, 09:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wayne50
    replied
    Originally posted by weldmaster06 View Post
    What is a good arc welder to buy?
    Seriously, if buying new, I would recommend the Hobart AC/DC Stickmate.

Leave a comment:

• Bistineau
    replied
    Originally posted by willy j View Post
    How do you know your a good welder? Ha ha just jokin
    He MUST be a good welder, he is weldmaster06. That means there are only 5 more in the world better than him.

Here is FINEST arc welder available in the world today. Need any more info?

http://www.harborfreight.com/welding...der-68888.html

If you hurry you can get it on sale.
    Last edited by Bistineau; 03-15-2014, 08:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• M J Mauer
    replied
    No one mentioned this is your first post so welcome to the forum weldmaster06.

Leave a comment:

• nfinch86
    replied
    Originally posted by willy j View Post
    A " Welder " is a machine.......... A "Weldor " is a Person ! Ha ha Not Jokin !!

Norm

Leave a comment:

• willy j
    replied
    tricky qeuestion

Leave a comment:

Working...
X