X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rday78
    • Feb 2014

New syncrowave 210 weld critque

Picked up a syncrowave 210 and figured i would give tig a go to see how it worked. Got a couple of pics. Just looking for some suggestions to get my skills up. All welds are lap joints on 1/8" aluminum @ 130amps with 4043. 2% ceriated 3/32" tungsten. Thanks
    Attached Files
  • M J Mauer
    • Dec 2010

Welcome to the forum rday78.
    Lincoln A/C 225
    Everlast PA200

Comment

• Cgotto6
      • Feb 2012

Overall they look pretty decent. It seems you may be having a bit of a hard time keeping steady. Make sure you are very comfortable, relaxed, and make sure the entire length of the bead stays comfortable for you to reach. I do mock runs of a bead so I can make sure the torch cable doesn't get bound on something mid weld, or me filler rod hits something. Just keep practicing at it, looks like your on the right teach.

Comment

• rday78
        • Feb 2014

Thanks... im a bit shaky by nature but ill keep at it. On the fillet welds i have a hard time directing the arc straight into the joint... it bounces from vertical plate to horizontal. Guess a bit more practice is in order

Comment

• H80N
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by rday78 View Post
          Thanks... im a bit shaky by nature but ill keep at it. On the fillet welds i have a hard time directing the arc straight into the joint... it bounces from vertical plate to horizontal. Guess a bit more practice is in order
          Really good start

All you need is learn to brace/steady your torch hand

more practice and to develop your rythm...

you may laugh but a metronome to give you a regular time spacing for your dabs of filler in the puddle may help you to get that going...

I know... sounds goofy but that even beat may help

Dab & Move Dab & Move.....

there are free metronome downloads on the net that you can play on a notebook as you practice...

Web Metronome is the simplest, most up-to-date and flexible Metronome for the Web, iOS, PC, or Mac.

after a while it will become second nature...

on bracing that hand... things like the "Tigfinger" are becoming popular..

Tillman Welding Gloves are soft but not heat resistant. But with a TigFinger Heatshield (patented), they are a lot better

but there are lots of bracing methods.. do what works for you..
          Last edited by H80N; 02-22-2014, 04:19 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

• welding insp.48
            • Jan 2013

getting close

you seem to be on the right track. .I notices that you had a lap joint and you burnt the top edge off. try not to do that and keep the tig torch slightly towards that bottom plate. heat will naturally reflect up towards the top plates,so favor the bottom a little. grip the tig torch close to the top and try keeping it about 5 to 10 degrees, pointed in the direction you going.
            as others have said practice.
            you will be ok.

Comment

• rday78
              • Feb 2014

Thanks for the help... need to get my bottle refilled then get back to practicing

Comment

Working...
              X