C25 Gas Bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C25 Gas Bottle

I have a 255 cf bottle of C25. As a hobby type weldor, I've been using this bottle for a long time. My question - is there a possibility of the 2 gases separating? I remember reading somewhere that they do, but I'm not sure if this is fact or fiction. If they do, I guess I could roll it around in the yard to re-combine them. Any opinions on this? Thanks for any help.......

Mowjunk,

I don't recall any info on the gas mix separating. Acetylene will cause problems if the cylinder is not stored upright due to the liquid acetone at the bottom of the cylinder. If you welds are seem normal to you, I would not worry. If you want to "remix", the rolling technique does work for acetylene and should be effective for your 255 CH C25. I used to have 255 and up on all my cylinders until I went mobile. Now the largest bottle I use is 80 CF Argon in my shop and all my road cylinders are that or 40 CF. The switch has been a blessing since my truck accident causing permenant damage to my back and neck. Just my .02 cents concerning cylinder sizes. The 80 and down are very mobile and will be used fast enough to never have a worry.

Comment

I haveheard that separation is a problem with some blends, but many people say its fiction. To be safe, you could roll the cylinder around on the shop floor occasionally.

Comment

Hey Cope, did ya'll weather change today in Houston? Thanks to you and Hawk for the replies. I'll probably do it, but I'm going to do it at night when nobody can see me!

By the way, I ordered a MM210 with the Spoolmate 3035 and a cover. I'm looking forward to getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mowjunk
          Hey Cope, did ya'll weather change today in Houston? Thanks to you and Hawk for the replies. I'll probably do it, but I'm going to do it at night when nobody can see me!

By the way, I ordered a MM210 with the Spoolmate 3035 and a cover. I'm looking forward to getting it.
          Mow, we got it! Has been 60 or so every AM lately, its 36 right now. If you don't have it yet, its coming.

Comment

Mowjunk;
            You will really like it. I've had mine for a few months now. Once I figured everything out, its very smooth. The spoolgun is so much faster then tigging for aluminum.I bought the dual bottle holder, its very convient to just pick up the gun you want to use make your adjustments, and weld.

Jim
            Attached Files

Comment

Jim, I got the package with the dual cylinder rack and 2 regulators, etc. I had to repair a small flat boat for my son and managed to do SOME of the welds with my MM175. The rest I had to tig. It was very slow. I don't do a lot of aluminum, but if I hadn't gotten the spoolgun, by the time the machine would have arrived, I would have been kicking myself in the rear for not getting it.

I never used a spoolgun before. Is it difficult? Is is similar to the regular mig gun? I surely intend to find out!

Comment

Yes it's similar to the mig gun, the gun balance is different. I run .030" 5356. I've been doing 1/8' 6061, using voltage @#4, and wire speed @70.
                Be sure to "push" your gun, that allows more cleaning of the weld. IT's a learning experience. Things happen a lot quicker that tig.

Jim

Comment

Congrats Mow. that's a nice machine. After having my HH175 for a few years now I really wish I had a 210 or 250 ... isn't that always the way it works ...

Comment

Hey, Jack....You are so right! I thought I had enough with the Thunderbolt, the MM175 and the Syncrowave 180. But I guess you know how it is. I don't think you can ever have too many welders.

I'm on vacation this week and next. I just hope it gets here soon so I have time to play!

Comment

Mow, We need pics of the new welder and the results of the spoolgun usage

Comment

Working...
                      X