X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MinnesotaDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Hardrock40 View Post
    That 3 grand hydraulic tank looked to be plumbed with garden hose.

And, seemed no hydraulic fluid leaked out when he cut the "lines."

Originally posted by ihctractor View Post
    From what I could see, if that was a $3000 tank then I am grossly under charging for my work!

Yep, that looked like a normal store bought tank to me too.

Stupid scripted show...

Dave J.

Leave a comment:

• nocheepgas
    replied
    Entertaining

I enjoyed watching it, might learn a few tricks, like using the wooden wedges to keep the water out. I'm always curious about those types of TV shows and OSHA. It's pretty easy to spot lots of violations!
    The announcer missed the boat when the crew was attempting to repair the steering shaft bearing. He said the new bearing didn't fit because after years of use and wear the shaft was now smaller, the bearing was too tight. Heck, it should have been quite oversized. Looks like the welding crew grabbed the wrong sized bearing!
    Last edited by nocheepgas; 09-12-2013, 05:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DATEC
    replied
    I seen the one where the new kid was hired after his 90days probation and then when they had a welcome dinner he put something in/on the fries that (I doubt) gave everyone the craps. If that was even remotely close to being true he would have been fired one the spot or at the very least been paid a visit from Lebenon Levi that I'm sure would have straightened him out. I guess that's what we got for our down time TV entertainment.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• ihctractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Hardrock40 View Post
    From what I could see, if that was a $3000 tank then I am grossly under charging for my work!

Leave a comment:

• Hardrock40
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisa7164 View Post
    The boys from American Chopper..Orange County Choppers.
    Ahhhh, LOL ok thanks

Leave a comment:

• chrisa7164
    replied
    The boys from American Chopper..Orange County Choppers.

Leave a comment:

• Hardrock40
    replied

You know there is going to be some crazy things when the Master Welder's wife has red and purple hair.

If it wasn't staged I bet OSHA would be there by now.

I'll slap myself after I see the answer but what the heck is " frozen OCC"

Leave a comment:

• Synchroman
    replied
    I watched it and it's rather entertaining, actually. If they were doing everything right, there wouldn't be much to talk about.

Of course, most of that stuff is staged but I especially enjoyed the scene where the lady's company had built a custom hydraulic accumulator tank for a fisherman and he cancelled the check. She had her men go out and repossess the tank until he paid.
    Makes for good entertainment. even if it's sort of staged.

One thing I wondered about is how they run a hydroelectric plant without at least one full-time millwright who can also weld and machine. They were complaining about the cost of downtime but they would save money if they had a welder on board who could fix those problems and cut downtime to a minimum.

Leave a comment:

• USMCPOP
    replied
    I'll bet if you look at the show site comments, many people seem to love it. Mo stupid, Mo bettah. I'm thinking these are the people who actually watch the ads and buy that crap.

Leave a comment:

• ChuckS
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisa7164 View Post
    It's like a frozen OCC.
    Best description yet

Leave a comment:

• chrisa7164
    replied
    I was wondering when it would be mentioned also. It's like a frozen OCC. Working 20 ft above the deck with no tie offs?. No safety glasses..welding over wood?.Wouldn't a patch be better?

Leave a comment:

• bigtow30t
    replied
    Even my girlfriend was laughing at those bumb a$$es. But when the show started it did say something about dramatization, I'll have to look at it again, but what boobs

Leave a comment:

• Precision
    replied
    You knew somebody would bring it up

What's next?? Alaskan Caribou Herders!!! It's really dangerous. Ya know, since that guy got gored and lived last week. TV is just like Obama policy on Syria, grasping at straws!
    Just keep Deadliest Catch goin. Those guys are hardcore!

Leave a comment:

• Hardrock40
    replied
    LOL,,,,
    well looks like you guys did watch it, just went to get dad out of the bed, came back and got to laugh some. I needed that.

Yea some pretty slack things going on thats for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    This has got to be one of the worst shows I've seen in awhile.

Complete garbage.

The apprentice gets Arc Eye, boss said " I kept telling you to wear your sunglasses"

You're the phucking boss- no work continues until YOUR employee wears the correct PPE.

Next scene they are in the engine room on a boat and the other apprentice has his safety glasses on top of his hat and using his hand to block the light.

Geniuses on that crew.

Practical jokes- for me, never while working- just plain stupid.
    After work, sure but nothing that could possibly get someone hurt.
    1. Some one can get hurt
    2. You'll be down a hand when they do get hurt- not very smart since you'll be the one picking up the slack while they recover.

No thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X