Clear All

• Ken Wickliff
    replied
    More of "The Shop"
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ken Wickliff
    replied
    Dave's Rio GRande shop. That's the Rio Grande River and Mexico in the background
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ken Wickliff
    replied
    More of Dave's shop on the Rio
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ken Wickliff
    replied
    WELL...I'll be darn, it worked !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ken Wickliff
    replied
    Thanks, Kev, I appreciate all the input I can get. I'm still trying to attach pics of my projects to this forum and the one at Hobart with no luck. Since I'm having the same problem at both sites. Unable to get the pics back to the post (pics sizes are ok)it may be my service provider, I don't know......Thanks, Ken (In Hobart forum, I'm KenCo)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Disney
    replied
    Ken,

Along with the AWS Welding Journal another good magazine is Practical Welding Today put out by Fabricators & Manufacturers Association. I think they still give out free subscriptions, their website is www.thefabricator.com. May give some info on how others put a welding magazine together. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• weldingisfun
    replied
    Ken that is a great idea and I would definitely subscribe to something like that.

Leave a comment:

• PISTOL8
    replied
    backyard welder

COOL IDEA KEN, COUNT ME IN TOO!

PISTOL8

Leave a comment:

• mozark6
    replied
    back yard welder

ken thats a great idea,sign me up

Leave a comment:

• Ken Wickliff
    replied
    Thanks Hawk, that sounds good. Like I said, I've just been kicking the idea around. Don't know the frist thing about magazine publishing, just know what I'd like to see in it. You know, you go to any magazine sales rack anywhere and they have 100 or more books on woodworking but I have yet to see anything on, like I said, Backyard Welding Ken

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Ken,

Sounds like a good idea. Yes, I would be interested in subscribing to such a publication. I have an excellent communications company I use for layouts and publishing materials. If you want, I'll hook you up. They do business nationwide.

Leave a comment:

• Ken Wickliff
    replied
    Thanks, Hawk. For sometime now, I've been tossing around the idea of publishing a welding magazine myself. I was going to call it " The Backyard Welder". It wouldn't be about high tech or major industrial welding, but like the title, just small shops and garage welding. What do y'all think ? Would you subscribe to something like that ? Thanks, Ken

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Here's a picture from the July 2003 issue of Welding Journal.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    The American Welding Society publishes a magazine called Welding Journal. It has lots of information: technical articles, the newest equipment, and research articles. For more information on joining the AWS and or receiving this publication call 800-443-9353. Their website is www.aws.org

Leave a comment:

• PISTOL8
    replied
    MAGS

KEN I DON'T KNOW OF ANY I'D LIKE TO KNOW TOO. PISTOL8

Leave a comment:

Working...
X