Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardrock40
    replied
    He said it would raise pretty high so maybe make the pieces and fab onto the tubing as channel in the end.

But I like the channel idea.

What it did do was encourage me to drop by City Hall. Need that city business license inside the city limits.

I live outside the city and the cost is 80 dollars for a license up too 2000 dollars in work.
    However if you on a job with a cost less than 250 dollars you don't need a license.

When the job cost 250 or more, you pay the 80 and then add jobs to that 80 dollar license until you reach 2000, then you have to buy another license.

Yea off topic but this job in the city finally got me up to check on this.

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    I most likely would of ground it clean & depending on thickness maybe vee it out & weld it up. Doesn't look like you can get to the bottom without getting it up in the air? If I couldn't get the bottom then I'd fab up a channel to slide over from the bottom & weld that on.

Just my take by looking at the pics. Might change my mind in person. It also depends on the customer & what they are looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Hardrock40
    started a topic How would you repair this.

How would you repair this.

Couldn't do this job in the time it was needed before I go to my regular job. Plus I wasn't prepared with the steel I needed. So I had to send it to another shop, that was the best I could help.

Makes me sick. The other side had the same repair with a about 20 inches of flat bar maybe 1/4 thick running down the bottom extending well beyond the crack and as far on the other side as possible. Had 4 inch welds about 4 inches apart on each side of the flat bar. Just approximate to that spec the best I could see at a glance. May have been welding around the crack but still had a visible hole.

So how would you have repaired it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	532341Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).JPG
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	532342Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG