Welder and electrical hookup advice..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mjfrank,

Don't worry about the light dimming. If your electrician is able to run a separate 100 amp service off the main 200 amp incoming line, you should be just fine. It never bother the computers, but I occasionally had to reboot my wife. If you are married, then you know better. Any don't worry about the war. This is the first and hopefully last time such rude and unkind comments will be displayed here on this forum. I have learned a lot and have a lot to learn as always will be the case. Good luck with your wiring and newly acquired, hopefully, machine!

Comment

lack of intell.

well bluepower you have managed to upset a very good group of welders and MEN and as for your 37 years i find people like you tend to have screwed up most or all of that time. spend your time listening and less time critizing and your attitude might improve. enough said you made my ignore list. have a good day. PISTOL8

AS THIS THREAD STARTED I RUN MY 210-180-175-HYPERTHERM380 ALL OFF 2 50 AMP BREAKERS AND SOMETIMES AT THE SAME TIME IT JUSTS DEPENDS ON HOW MANY OTHER THINGS RUN ON YOUR 200 AMP HOUSE FEED. HOW OLD THE WIRING IS ALSO PLAYS A ROLE.

Comment

Originally posted by mjfrank
        Wooo, man I'm off to a great start in this forum, first post and I started a flame war!

Anyway, I did get some good info, so thanks for the help.

I would definately not attempt the main wiring by myself, and will be contracting a licensed electrician to do most of the work. HAWK, it sounds like you used a similar electrical setup as I have, so hopefully it will work for me too.

Sorry if the description of my service was a little vague, to clarify, I have a 200amp main service panel in my home, off of that, the builder ran a 100amp sub-panel that most of my house wiring is connected to. I am planning to have an electrician run a second sub-panel from the main panel to my garage, and hook all the garage wiring to that. Based on your recommended breaker size, I'll see if they can make the second panel 100amp too. (again, I have no clue of electrical code.)

In addition, I doubt I will run the 250 at it's rated current very much, if ever. I think the rated current is 200 amps, and most of the stuff I do is only 1/4" and 3/8" mild steel. So hopefully that will minimize the dimming-lights effect. (that must play **** with your computer. )

So anyways, thanks for help, I'll try not to stir it up too much around here.
        You didn't start anything, glad to have you around.

Comment

I think we are all with Cope:

Welcome to the forum. Keep posting. We are all willing to share our experiences good and bad. I wish I had this kind if help when I started. AS FOR THE WAR-YOU DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG. This "bluepower" showed out of nowhere and seems to be a want to be welder. It is evident fron his posts that he does not know AC from DC but wants us to believe otherwise.

Enjoy the forum!

Comment

Thanks all, appreciate the input.

No problem on the flames either, I've grown a thick-skin from the Jeep forums that I frequent. I know some people can be a little passionate about things, so I'm content to sit back and try to filter out the useful info.

Bluepower, thanks for your first post too, good info there.

It's all good, now its time to go out and build sometbing.

Later.

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X