X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H80N
    • Nov 2003

TIG Handbook??

I have been pointing newbies to the Miller TIG Handbook PDF in the Resources /Improve your Skills section.... for many many years... it is an excellent basic TIG reference..

Now it seems to be MIA

Has it been taken down or just moved??

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000
  • Miller Welders
    • Jan 2012

We've got the Miller team looking into it right now! Thanks!

Comment

• Miller Welders
      • Jan 2012

You're correct, the resource has been taken down. We have worked with our training department to provide a new, comprehensive TIG resource - https://www.millerwelds.com/resources/tools/. Although it is no longer free, it contains more detail than the handbook about TIG welding. As always, you can find a variety of other free resources for improving your skills on our resource page - http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ur-skills/tig/ We apologize for the inconvenience.

Comment

• stickermigtigger
        • Nov 2012

And greed will set you free .......... of customers. :-)
        =======================
        Miller 211 AutoSet
        Miller Dynasty 200 DX
        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
        Francisco Goya

Comment

• nywelder
          • Jun 2012

Glad I downloaded the free version, next they will charge for there welding app

Comment

• H80N
            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Miller Welders View Post
            You're correct, the resource has been taken down. We have worked with our training department to provide a new, comprehensive TIG resource - https://www.millerwelds.com/resources/tools/. Although it is no longer free, it contains more detail than the handbook about TIG welding. As always, you can find a variety of other free resources for improving your skills on our resource page - http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ur-skills/tig/ We apologize for the inconvenience.
            I do hope that Miller reconsiders that decision to take down and replace it with a for sale item.... the Miller TIG Handbook has helped to educate and inform countless thousands of TIG welders and Developed a strong loyal user base that equate and identify Miller with the very best TIG equipment available...

IMHO It would seem shortsighted to trade lifetime brand identification and loyalty for short term small profit

whatever revenue is given up by posting these "Free" resources.. is repaid many times over in the long term...

as in the past a printed hardcopy should be available for purchase..

Please Repost the PDF of the Miller TIG Handbook..

My 2cents worth..
            Last edited by H80N; 07-02-2013, 08:19 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

• Broccoli1
              • Dec 2007

Occupy Appleton!!
              Ed Conley
              http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
              MM252
              MM211
              Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
              TA185
              Miller 125c Plasma 120v
              O/A set
              SO 2020 Bender
              You can call me Bacchus

Comment

• dkennett
                • Dec 2007

TIG Handbook??

Could someone post the handbook as an attachment in this forum if possible or if not, at another location?

Comment

• shortarc
                  • Jan 2007

Whoa! 50 bucks. I think not.
                  Trailblazer 302
                  Lincoln SP-135-T
                  Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
                  Smith torch
                  Spoolmatic 30A

Comment

• H80N
                    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by dkennett View Post
                    Could someone post the handbook as an attachment in this forum if possible or if not, at another location?
                    I am hoping that Miller management sees this as a misstep and posts the handbook back up as it had so usefully been for all these years..

If I understand the priorities here…

“Training Materials” are intended to help create a better informed and skilled user base, create user awareness of the Miller line of welders and their virtues..
                    And in doing so Sell Welders….

The TIG Handbook was taken down and replaced with a 29.00 Dollar, 66 page color illustrated spiral bound “Gas Tungsten Arc Welding - Welding Publication”, While probably very cool, may have already severely limited it’s available audience just by virtue of the price point and distribution method

Is the goal to sell books or is it promote the attributes of Miller TIG equipment in a constructive manner and educate a loyal user base ..??

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

• Dipsomaniac
                      • Nov 2010

Well, since very few seem to actually read the free material, maybe by charging for this material more will take the time to learn the essentials.

I would like to see Miller charge for the owners manuals too! Most of the equipment that I purchase you must pay for this material and so very few problems arise because of the investment cost. It sort of weeds out trouble.

Comment

• H80N
                        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Dipsomaniac View Post
                        Well, since very few seem to actually read the free material, maybe by charging for this material more will take the time to learn the essentials.
                        It's true, many would not study anything if their lives depended on it...

Others that are willing to learn may be of limited means and not know how to find the free online resources...
                        But many will devour the info once pointed in the right direction..

There are enough of the motivated ones out there striving to learn the trade to keep me lnterested in mentoring beginners...

Luckily there is still one Free TIG handbook available online ...

it is the ESAB TIG Handbook...

I do not care for their equipment and their book is not as good as the Miller TIG handbook that used to be available for PDF download..
                        but it is more comprehensive than the 28 page Miller TIG Guidlines booklet and it is still free...

In my experience... many of the beginners that started out with the free resources..

moved on to purchase the full student kit so they could have printed hardcopy for reference...

and later bought Miller Welding equipment...
                        Last edited by H80N; 07-08-2013, 08:09 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 200

Comment

• BukitCase
                          • Jun 2013

Got a "404" on that esab link, went looking all over their site and nada - maybe they're taking a page from Miller's playbook... Steve

Comment

• H80N
                            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by BukitCase View Post
                            Got a "404" on that esab link, went looking all over their site and nada - maybe they're taking a page from Miller's playbook... Steve
                            You are right... it is gone now.. too...

was there yesterday??

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

• BukitCase
                              • Jun 2013

It's a conspiracy fer shur

If the miller version's the one with 12 chapters, then I got lucky before they got greedy

Good thing, 'cause my (not miller this time) Tig machine's gonna be here next Thursday, guess I'd better quit doing projects and read up a bit more... Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X