X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ericher69
    replied
    Originally posted by Precision View Post
    The 211 suits my needs. Haven't overloaded the machine and if I need to weld thicker material than what my machine is rated I just make multiple passes. Ultimately you have to decide if you wanna pay the big bucks for a machine that you may never use the top end of it, being a home welder and All. Just my .2$.
    1/4-3/8 aluminum. Anything thicker and I could bevel with multiple passes (within reason)

I really want the 252 but realistically only need the 211.

I can use the stick for SS also (does a really good job from what I remember)

The TIG option would be very nice (Dynasty DX200) not really into the Diversion models.

Will the 211 be a marked improvement in capacity/ability (besides aluminum with sp100)?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• BD1
    replied
    Big dollar difference from211 to 252. For home hobby use I would definite say the 211. The dual voltage 110/220 may also be a worth while feature. It's a awesome machine and STILL IN REBATE PROGRAM.
    Once you have the 211 then save for a Miller 200/250 syncro. Now you'll have stick and tig. Then you can sell the others.

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    Elaborate more on your light aluminum- Mig AL is really only good down to 16g

SS- you'll need a Mix gas = $$

A Tig machine might be a better option since you already have the SP170 T and the Stick machine to cover your Mild steel needs.

Tig machine and a bottle of Argon will cover your Lite al and SS

Leave a comment:

• Precision
    replied
    millermatic 211 or 212 or 252

The 211 suits my needs. Haven't overloaded the machine and if I need to weld thicker material than what my machine is rated I just make multiple passes. Ultimately you have to decide if you wanna pay the big bucks for a machine that you may never use the top end of it, being a home welder and All. Just my .2$.

Leave a comment:

• big mike
    replied
    If you can swing it go for the 252 with the 30A.
    You cannot use amps you did not buy and the 30A is(in my opinion)the gold standard in spool guns.

Leave a comment:

• Cgotto6
    replied
    Sounds like the 211 is your best bet if the aluminum capacity fits your needs, if not the 252. For home use I doubt the duty cycle will matter much to you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X