Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sberry
    replied
    It only cost twice as much to get the best in this case, If you are worried about duty cycle then it means materials and manpower, the difference in productivity and material savings could add up quick, even on some light gage the 250 class is twice the 211 and wire half the price for a big spool. Cuts the time and cost in half, could pay the juice on a project or 2?.

Leave a comment:

• Texas113
    replied
    millermatic 211 or 212 or 252

Congratulations on your new investment. You will be very happy that you went with the 252. I have the 15' Bernard Q gun installed and couldn't be happier with the setup. .045 solid and .045 gas shielded flux are the only wires I run and the 252 just purrs at higher output settings. Enjoy and keep us posted on how it works for you. Don't forget if you ever set it up for aluminum to let us know how it does. I am dying to try AL work with it. Have fun.

Leave a comment:

• ericher69
    replied

It has a jumper for 200(208) and 230V which I will be using.

Yes it came placarded in French with English placards to change (which I will do even though I speak/understand both)

Still have not done the initial fire up as I have been busy with other things.

Leave a comment:

• Synchroman
    replied
    I noticed that you got the "EN/FR" model. I presume that it is placarded for both English and French since you are in Canada. What voltage are you using?

I got the US 230 volt model. I use straight CO2, which I much prefer.

They are really a nice machine. I sure like mine.
    Last edited by Synchroman; 07-28-2013, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ericher69
    replied

Double post

Yeah I hope so!

Picked up some .035 wire this am and an adapter for 75/25 to straight CO2

Here is how it looks with the tank.

Ps. I store it under my work bench and only have 41" of vertical clearance; one of the reasons I am not going with a larger tank at this time

Leave a comment:

• Precision
    replied

Nah, it doesn't look funny. I have a 60 in my 211 cart. I like to keep the center of gravity lower on mine. Guess I move it round a lil too fast maybe but that's my adult ADHD kickin in. Only down side is more trips to local shop but hey you will always find something else to buy when your there.

Leave a comment:

• ericher69
    replied
    Picked up a 12lbs spool of .035 this am and a 75/25 to CO2 tank adapter.

This is how it looks (I know kinda funny)

The reason I am staying with a smaller tank at this time is that I only have 41" of vertical clearance under my work bench.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SpyVSpy
    replied

Great choice You'll love it.

Leave a comment:

• ericher69
    replied
    unboxing and assembly

Took the box off, was lagged to the crate so managed to wrestle it down out of the truck bed (bye myself) and bolted the ground lead to the neg terminal.

Put in the m-25 gun and connected the terminals.

Could not play; er; use the welder tonight as I will try CO2 first but do not have the CO2 adapter (forgot) but will hopefully pick up at LWS if open in the am.

If not may try it with .045 flux core and reverse polarity.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Precision
    replied

Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!

Leave a comment:

• Cgotto6
    replied
    Congrats! You will love it

Leave a comment:

• ericher69
    replied
    New baby is home!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ericher69
    replied

Update!

Lincoln SP170-T SOLD

Still no word on used 252's so

LWS will match (almost) online price $2195 U.S. vs $2215.95 Canadian

With the Loonie being worth 0.95 U.S right now plus customs and the trouble of having to return to the USA for warranty issues I believe I will buy in Ontario.

Lets see if I can get a few goodies thrown in!

Leave a comment:

• Synchroman
    replied
    Miller 252

While I have much less experience than many on this forum, I do know a nice welding machine when I see one. A friend who is a professional machinist and welder has let me use his Miller 252 on numerous occasions. the thickest material I've welded on it was 1/4" and it really does nice beads with little effort. He uses straight CO2 fior light fabrication and it does fine.

I like that it has a variable power control and is spool gun ready. The power capabilities will be more than I will ever need as well.

I'm not familiar with the other, smaller machines such as the 211 and 212 but if Miller makes them, I'm pretty sure that they would perform well in their class.

I've had a Lincoln SP175 Plus for about 8 years and I just gave that to my son since he has developed an interest in welding. That was a nice machine but it didn't have the spool gun capability.

I also have a Syncrowave 200 that does very nicely for my Tig and stick hobby work, mainly on cars and motorcycles. I'm pretty sure that a 252 is going to be my next machine in the very near future.
    Last edited by Synchroman; 06-30-2013, 08:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ericher69
    replied

Yup will do!

Waiting on a few things

1. Sell my Lincoln SP170-T
    2. See if LWS will get 2 used 252's in and price
    3. Sell me Sparkler AC/DC stick

Leave a comment:

Working...
X