Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cruizer
    • Oct 2004

The 302's were ok machines (discontined) providing you kept them tuned, and NEVER boosted them to get them going.

Comment

• atc250r
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
      See, I thought this forum was also to report faults, and perhaps for Miller to have another look at the problems. If I had to t-shoot all the brands and report faults to respective tech supports, I'd be one the phone quite a bit. I report it here, and my other thread was terminated, as will this one likely.

I reported it and maybe Miller or Kohler will fix it.

Or simply I'll let it slide. I could have let the New Lincoln Ranger issue slide, And Kohler could have replace hundreds of engines, over and over again. Solved it and the fix is out there. think that the fix just appeared. Someone had to figure it out....
      I missed the talk about problems with the 305's. Got a link?

Comment

• cruizer
        • Oct 2004

Nope, on a new 305G, you'll find that the top of the fuel cap is smooth, ie, no vents. It's another emmissions thing, same reason why there is no vent cap on a jerry can anymore.

However if you continually wait for the first click on the fuel handle when you refill, your over filling the tank on that 305G, which quickly takes out the engine with double fueling and putting raw fuel into an open intake valve if the unit is allowed to sit.

Soooo, we take a micro dril and drill the 4 ridged oval areas in the cap, and drill the shiny portions of the outside of the cap. Then we cut and plug the vent line (couple orf 1/4" bolts) (line sits to the right of the right side spark plug) presto you now can fill the neck right up with fuel and no danger of taking out the engine.

Plus if you set the engine to 62.5-63hz. and replace your oil right out of the box with 5-50 Quaker, your off to the races welding wise....

Comment

• Danarc
          • Mar 2013

Have to pull the trigger on an engine-drive by next Tuesday. Three questions:

1) "Micro drill" means what? Less than or equal to a 1/16" bit say?

2) Any problems with water in the gas from the holes?

3) Is there a replacement cap with waterproof venting available we can order?

Thanks in advance Cruizer.
          Dynasty 350
          Bobcat 250
          Maxstar 150S
          Titanium 9400
          Purox O/A
          Cutmaster 42

Comment

• cruizer
            • Oct 2004

Have to pull the trigger on an engine-drive by next Tuesday. Three questions:

1) "Micro drill" means what? Less than or equal to a 1/16" bit say?

Yep, 1/16 is fine

2) Any problems with water in the gas from the holes?

zero, water has to travel horizontally, and even a huricane would not get any into that small of hole.

3) Is there a replacement cap with waterproof venting available we can order?

Water doesn't particularly hurt a gasolne engine, heck, I dump water down the carb to free up valves. ever heard of water injection?

Ot just buy an old style pre 2012 cap/

Comment

• pedrocruzat
              • Sep 2012

Comment

• Octane89
                • Aug 2013

Welds awesome but handful of problems!

Hey guys I'm new to the forum but I have a trailblazer 325 efi with excel power and it is also giving me troubles at times. The machine now has about 650 hours on it and sometimes it will randomly go into a sputter and run at a very low rpm. It doesn't let you weld when this happens and it spits out black smoke sometimes. I thought at first maybe the jobsite had some bad gas so I ran a tank of mid grade gas in it and same thing then changed the fuel filter and same problem. This is an occasional thing for this machine to do it doesn't follow a pattern of hot or cold temperatures and im working in alberta so the weather varies quite a lot. Another problem I have experienced is the amperage reading gets stuck at 25-31 amps when set for 7018 without remote. The only way around this was to plug in my wireless remote and play with it to put the machine back into the full 325 amp range, very weird!! Some pros about the machine are its very quiet, doesn't use a lot of gas and the excel power is awesome. Ive had a 3 way splitter off one excel outlet powering 2 rod ovens, the other outlet to a 6" grinder and burn 1/8" rod all while the machine stayed at idle and found no need to rev up. She's a nice machine when its not acting up.

Comment

• joatmon
                  • Sep 2013

Glad to see I'm not the only one with troubles... I've had mine shut down twice on me and only have 50 hours on it. Repair shop can't seem to make it act up though! Let it sit for 30 min or so and it will restart. Love the machine otherwise! I previously had a Legend that provided 110v at an idle, so to be able to still have that quieter option is great!

Comment

• Amc724
                    • Oct 2011

With 5 hours, mine was acting up (shuttering, then shutting down).
                    i called miller and they told me they have had issues with the fuel delivery system.

I took it to a local repair shop, they had not heard of any issues, I told them what it was doing and what miller told me. They tried and could never get it to act up, so they called miller and miller shipped the new part and they put it on, never seeing it act up.
                    the day after I picked the machine up, it was 102 and it ran all day without a hitch.

Comment

• joatmon
                      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Amc724 View Post
                      With 5 hours, mine was acting up (shuttering, then shutting down).
                      i called miller and they told me they have had issues with the fuel delivery system.

I took it to a local repair shop, they had not heard of any issues, I told them what it was doing and what miller told me. They tried and could never get it to act up, so they called miller and miller shipped the new part and they put it on, never seeing it act up.
                      the day after I picked the machine up, it was 102 and it ran all day without a hitch.
                      You don't happen to know what that part was? My repair shop talked to Kohler, and all they said was to send it back to me after finding nothing, and call them if/when it happens again so they could put their computer on it to try to figure out the problem...

Comment

• cruizer
                        • Oct 2004

Fuel pump module miller part #263327. very problematic in the summer heat

Comment

• joatmon
                          • Sep 2013

Thanks!

Comment

• Amc724
                            • Oct 2011

Yep

Comment

Working...
                            X