Weld Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weld Nuts

I was wondering if anyone out there has an effective way of attaching weld nuts to a piece of plate. I hoping somone knows of a piece of equipment that works like a stud welding gun.

The nuts would be from 1/4" to 3/4" and the plate sizes would range from lite gauge to 3/4" plate.

We spend alot of time welding these on with a MIG gun and are currently looking for a better wya of doing this.

Thanks

RSCH.......WELCOME ABOARD.......... Not long ago well less than 2 years now I seen at a welding show a company called acme spot welders doing 1/4,5/16 etc. They were spot welding them to a plate..... I remember because we make spot welders here at Miller Electric but nothing big enough for what your doing,..........As I recall what caught my eye was the tips (both different).......... Perhaps this may help however I do not have a phone number for them.... You could try and do a search.............. Hope this helps..........Rock..
    [email protected]
    ROCK

Comment

Thanks

I did see the lite duty stuff myself once, I wish they made bigger stuff. I have been shown a flyer on a German made "gun" that will put on weld pad's (round instead of Hex shaped) but the local distrubtor tested it before he brought it in and wasn't confident in it enough to show to me.

Thanks for your info.

Originally posted by ROCK
      RSCH.......WELCOME ABOARD.......... Not long ago well less than 2 years now I seen at a welding show a company called acme spot welders doing 1/4,5/16 etc. They were spot welding them to a plate..... I remember because we make spot welders here at Miller Electric but nothing big enough for what your doing,..........As I recall what caught my eye was the tips (both different).......... Perhaps this may help however I do not have a phone number for them.... You could try and do a search.............. Hope this helps..........Rock..
      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X