Dynasty 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 200

Hey guys, i'm glad that i logged on and registured. some of these Q&A have helped me out lately. i will be purchasing a dynasty 200 soon and have wanting to get to know some of the features of them. If the formula, i amp for .001" on AL is a good starting point, then where would you start for mild steel? After checking out all of the manufacturers machines for AC/DC Tig w/ 200 amp rating, I am simply blow away by the Dynasty 200. This machine is good example of Miller engineering Departments dedication to supply and demand market. Brovoue'

amperage required for tig welding mild steel

I found this while browsing the MILLER FAQ on the last page of this forum. Hope it helps. Good luck and welcome to this forum. Let me know what you think of the Dynasty 200. I have the Maxstar 200 and wish I had waited for the Dynasty 200 to come out. Hind sight is 20/20.

A good starting spot for DC TIG steel is use the 1 amp per decimal thickness rule. Example: 1/16 steel is .062" so start the machine around 65 amps. You will have to vary this slightly based on joint configuration, stand off and travel speed.

HERE IS AN EXCERPT FROM A MILLER NEWS RELEASE THAT SHOULD REALLY EXCITE ANYBODY WANTING A DYNASTY 200!
    The Dynasty 200 provides the same advanced squarewave technology benefits as the more powerful Dynasty 300, but at about half the weight. The Dynasty 200 permits adjusting frequency from 20 to 250 Hz and adjusting electrode negative (EN) duration from 30 to 90 percent. By fine tuning these variables, operators can stabilize the arc, reduce arc wandering, obtain excellent directional control over the arc and puddle, establish the weld puddle faster, precisely place the filler and control bead width (see Fig. 1 and 2 for details). Many operators report that it reminds them of welding steel with a DC arc.

Here's the link for the entire News Release on Miller's website:
    http://millerwelds.com/about/news_re.../articles7.php

Comment

Working...
    X