Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROCK
    replied
    DIESELADAM........... AH WHAT A DELIMA......... HERE IS WHAT I WOULD DO......... I WOULD HEAD OFF TO THE LOCAL WELDING DISTRIBUTORS IN YOUR AREA...........SIT DOWN WITH THE MACHINES AND TIG WELD WITH BOTH..... NOTHING WILL HELP THE DECISION MAKEING PROCESS MORE INFORMATIVE THAN TO WELD TEST WITH EACH.......... TAKE YOUR OWN MATERIAL WITH YOU IF YOU WANT...........MOST DIST. WILL ACCOMODATE.... IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE CLOSEST 3 IN YOUR AREA GIVE ME YOUR POSTAL ZIP CODE AND I WILL GET THE 3 CLOSEST TO YOU......... ENJOY THE DICISION MAKEING PROCESS...........ROCK.........
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• DIESELADAM
    replied
    OK guys, I'm confused. I am trying to figure out which tig welder to buy. My concern is I don't want to buy a welder that ends up being too small for me in the long run. I want to try and buy a welder that I won't "outgrow" Here is the deal, I would like to be able to weld thin sheet metal 22ga. to 1/2 plate and everything in between. I'd also have the need for alluminum welding of various thicknesses. Tubing for roll cages,kart frames,etc is also a concern (also in various thicknesses). I can't seem to decide between the 180sd or the 250 dx or should I look at something more powerfull?

Thanks everyone for your help !

Leave a comment:

• ROCK
    replied
    HI RANDY.......... YES THE SYNCRO180 WILL SUFFICE. BY KEEPING MOST OF THE ARC ON THE THE THICKER WE CAN DIP IT DOWN TO BOND TO THE THINNER....USEING THE RIGHT FILLER ROD..................... GOOD QUESTION...............ROCK........... [email protected]

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Welding different thickness of materials

Welding different thickness of materials

Im think of purchasing a new Sycro 180 SD for a project I am working on.
    I am welding .250 to .500 thick cold drawn plate to .095 to .120 thick wall DOM tubing. All welds will be a fillet type.
    Would the Sycro 180 SD be a good choice for the above types of materials?
Working...
X