Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynasty/tig tryouts?

hi
    ive never owned a welder before. im looking at getting a welder to build small high precision "toys". im wanting to build small jet engines, small tube chassis, and maybe get into bomber class racing with a friend. now i have a disease affecting my fine motor skills but also giving me a hard time holding my hands steady while doin MIG welding. would the dynasty 200 work for someone who has never done but, wanting to learn TIG welding? better yet does anybody know of a way i can put a couple of mins on a machine like the dynasty before i buy it, only to find out my hands cant do it. im only a teenager its only for hobbies so i dont want to a welding school!
    thanks

There are many dealers with demo rooms and machines such as the Dynasty. Try contacting the welding dealers in you local area and see if they offer such services. I hear the Dynasty is a great machine. I bought my Maxstar 200 before the Dynasty came out. It is a fantastic inverter for dc tig and also does well for stick. The Dynasty offers the addition of ac tig for aluminum. Good luck.

Comment

I used the Dynasty 200 DX. It is an awesome machine.
      I do aircraft heat exchangers with it. Aluminum @200amps and Inconel @100amps. I have not had one problem with it. I was going to buy the Fronius MagicWave 2200. My local Miller rep brought me the Dynasty (he stole it from an AZ rep) and I was sold. I tried to burn this machine up. Couldnt do it. 90% helium @ 200 amps...doesnt even flinch.
      I am highly impressed. And 500 PPS on AC...unheard of on the older machines. Get one. You will be amazed.

Comment

****! everytime, i hear nothing but great things about the dynasty! but i cant even Tig yet... so... maybe when i learn and when they get better i can justify gettin 1!

its the 2nd(?) year for the dynastys?

hey you Miller guys, is Miller comin out with any new Tig welders in the hobbiest price range? any concepts, demos, show pieces of something... anything, comin out next year thats lookin good?

Comment

JWD............. WELL SIR IF WE TOLD YOU WHAT WAS COMMING OUT THIS YEAR AND NEXT THEN THE COMPETITION WOULD GET THE JUMP ON US. YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW ENGINEERING DISLIKES THAT........... THERE ARE ALWAYS MANY PROJECTS IN THE SKUNK WORKS/BLACK BOX SECTION, ON GOING AT ALL TIMES. BUT LIKE THE COMPETITION WE DON'T DISCUSS.............. SORRY...........ROCK....
          [email protected]
          ROCK

Comment

true true!! but how bout this... should i wait till december?

my only welder i have or had was just stolen by some frinkin junkies along with $5000 worth of my BMX bikes! anyways maybe i can get a new tig welder out of that old stick welder on my dads insurance, wink wink ! may as well im gettin nothing on the bikes!

Comment

Working...
            X