X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kevin
    started a topic diversion 165

diversion 165

gotta be quick here, tried to change tungston size today, the collet is too big, the book does not mention any thing about this, am i missing some thing here or do i go to lws again, i bought the tungston at the same lws as i bought the welder, no mention on their part

• GT6Steve
    replied
    After I got my 165 I bought a kit from Arc-Zone.com that had all of the assorted bits I'm ever likely to need. It's an AK2-pro for the WP-17 torch. I'm well pleased with the assortment that allows me to experiment and learn without a thousand trips to the supply store.

I think this is the link http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=3586
    Last edited by GT6Steve; 03-02-2013, 11:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied
    thank you for your answers, i was wondering why there was a need for a different collet, after looking at the collet, the manufacturer could of made a one size fits all, but thats the way it is i guess, and much agree on chinese junk, there is no place for that crap in my shop, people think that they save big money buying import crap

Leave a comment:

• shovelon
    replied
    And don't buy budget brand chinese soft copper parts. Ask for genuine weldcraft parts.

I like the Weldtec brand myself. Like all the good parts, they use tellurium copper alloy to make thiers.

Leave a comment:

• chewinggum
    replied
    The Diversion 165 comes with a collet for 3/32 tungstens. That's probably what you should ask for.
    CG

Leave a comment:

• fabricator
    replied
    As well as the collet body and/or gas lense.

Leave a comment:

• Goodhand
    replied
    Yup, you need to size the collet to the diameter of the tungsten. Part of the learning process.
    Last edited by Goodhand; 03-01-2013, 12:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X