X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Great purchases guys!

You just got in as the fee helmet promo has ended now!

Ask Andy is located in Charlotte, NC but the MILLER factory is located in Appleton, WI

A-

Leave a comment:

• JeramyK
    replied
    Hi Zach,

Grats on the MM210 purchase ! I too just got one this week and I love it. One thing I'd like to add about welding sheetmetal. The MM210 comes setup with .030 and .035 rolls. If you decide to go with .023 wire you'll need to purchase the drive roll kit for that size wire.

-Jeramy

Leave a comment:

• zachary kling
    replied
    just bought the miller matic 210 on monday, after i went to talk to the miller reps at boc gasses last wed,the reps there were very helpful and
    nice,i think the man that helped me was named mike? sorry if it is not!,BUT any wayi think that i am going to be very happy with my purchase
    i must say that i like that helment that miller gives you with the 210 i really the adjustment knob for the shade,it is very easy to access.
    just wondering , where is ask andy located???

thanks ,
    zach k

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    That would be an excellent time to purchase. I'm sure they will have specials going on for the show but unfortunately I won't be there. I stick to the racing industry and some hot rod stuff. There will be plenty of people to help you and don't be affraid to try it out for yourself if they have one set up for demos.

Good Luck!

Andy

Leave a comment:

• zachary kling
    replied
    drear ask Andy I was wondering if you yourself were going to be at the boc gas store on july 9 2003 in cincinnati oh i was told that some of your reps were going to be i would like to met in person i will spend part of my day there talking to you and lincoln. I am hopeing to make my purchase that day.
    zach k

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Nice pics! Great answers!

Don't be afraid of the 210's taps. It actually will be easier for you to set up than a variable voltage machine. Most of my race teams use the 210 and even go down to 24ga. I also own one and replaced a trailer tongue for a Bobcat skid steer that was jack-knifed. Worked well with .035 wire and short arc!

Andy

Leave a comment:

• ROCK
    replied
    HI ZACKERY KLING......... AH WE (MY BROTHERS AND I) JUST SOLD OUR OLD 210 AND GOT THE NEW ONE WITH A SPOOL GUN AND IT COMES WITH A NICE STARS AND STRIPS HELMET......... I WAS HELPING MY BROTHER PUT RAILS ACROSS THE TOP OF THE STEEL LINER TO KEEP DIRT AND WATER OUT OF THIS OLD TRI-AXLE DUMP TRAILER WE HAVE.......... MY BROTHER WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT ME USEING THE NEW HELMET.......... IT WORKS QUITE WELL.................. SO HAVE YOU MADE UP YUR MIND YET......?.... WE ALWAYS LIKE TO KNOW................HAVE SOME FUN WITH YOUR DECISION....ROCK...............
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    Zachary,
    Miller Electric is currently running a promotion which includes a free Stars and Stripes auto darkening helmet with the MM 210 and MM 251. The helmet comes inside the box with the welder. Have your distributor take a look at the units he has in stock there will be a sticker on the outside of the box that says "FREE STUFF" if it has the free helmet. The promotion is also advertised on the Miller home page. As you can see from the other posts the MM 210 is a very capable machine and a great value. The free helmet promotion ends
    7-14-03 so don't wait to long.

Kevin
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• zachary kling
    replied
    I tested out the lincoln power mig 200 and the miller matic 210, I must say they are very nice,they will both do the jobs i need then to do very nicely,there is only a
    $15.08 dollar difference between the two. does the 210 come with a auto darking mask?the store
    did not know anything about it! if so that would be great,would save me $250.00! I really like the auto darkening mask,very nice compared to the one you have to flip up all the time,pain!

zach k.

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied
    Reply MM210

Originally posted by zachary kling
    few ?s, first can you put a trailer hitch on with
    the 210, second I have heard that welders that have taps are not good for joining sheat metal,I will be putting body panles and floor pans together,others say that taps are either to hot or
    not hot enough to join sheat metal, is this true,and second,does anyone that replies have a millermatic 210 if so I would like to know if you like it,what you use it for, and do you think that that the 210 is worth the money? thanks,

advice is great
    I have the MM210 and think it's great.Use it for sheet metal and ranch farm impliments and tractor repair. Best welder investment i made and the biggest bang for the buck. Also consider the dealer service / warrenty help. Most will tell you Miller has the best around. Have several friends that have smaller units but they love my 210. The only drawback may be your input power if you don't have 220 AC available. For a good review of this unit go to the Hobart welding site and check Dan's threads on the MM210. You will see just how versital this unit really is. You really should go to a dealer and have them setup a few units that you are interested in and try them out. Pick the one you are most comfortable with but make sure to demo on typical material you will be using and the transfer mode you want. (Note: this is my opinion only) link http://WWW.Hobartwelds.com/
    Harold

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    This final picture is a butt joint on 1/4" in the spray transfer mode
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    This next one is a butt joint on 14 ga sheet metal.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Here is another fillet on 3/16" mild steel. I don t have a picture of a weld on 1/8". However, a fillet looks exactly like this on 1/8" too.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    This next picture is a vertical up on 3/16" mild steel
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    I own a MM 210 , and consider my welding skill level adequate enough to use the machine to build a trailer hitch for pulling my wife's three horse trailer. Now to build this with this machine I would either use a self shielded fluxcore, gas shielded fluxcore, or spray transfer. I wouldn t attempt this job in the short circuit transfer mode.

The MM 210 does a very good job on sheetmetal. I ve welded butt joints on 22 ga with the machine using an .030 solid wire and never burned thru. I was very impressed by this. On most machines you have to go down to an .023 wire for such a thin ga. of sheetmetal.

The quality of the arc in the short circuit transfer mode on 1/8" steel with an .030 or .035 wire is awesome.

For your viewing pleasure here are a few picture of welds that I have ran using my machine

This first one is a fillet on 3/16" mild steel
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X