X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • turbo38t
    • Mar 2024

Help with a quote.

I am widening a trailer for a customer as well as lengthening it. Basically it is 57" wide by 104" long. It is made from c4 x 13lb(?) c channel. On the sides I will widen it 9" per side via 1/4" x3" x3" square tube every 16" (basically just straight tube welded perpendicular to the side rails. It will end up being 8 additional pieces per side. No fancy cuts. Now for the back I am extending it 18" plus the 9" per side but from above before the other side extensions are welded on it will look "T" shaped. All material is the 3" box tube. The rear extension will have one rear tube measuring +/- 75" and two side pieces approximately 18" that will be mitered together. There will be two additional crossmembers extending the front to rear running stringers. All material is customer supplied but I will cut it. I am charging $55/hour and expecting to spend around 8 hours on this. Does this seam close to par? I am looking to quote him at $500. Dave PS- I do this on the side. Things are slower in New Jersey and that is my reduced rate. I am confident in what I am doing just looking to have second opinions on time/materials cost.
  • MMW
    • Sep 2005

Just a thought. Hopefully the 4" channel is leg in or you will have to notch the tubes to sit flush with the top. No new front to back sides, 3" tubes just stick out?

Customer supplying materials, right? Then it's just labor. I think your good.

21 pcs. of tube total? 8 hrs = 480 minutes. Can you cut, fit, tack, weld & clean at approx. 23 minutes per tube? What about where the tires are? Fenders?
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Comment

Yes, basically a big rectangle with the legs facing in. There are two runners front to rear with the legs in as well. 9" tubes welded straight out to a dead end perpendicular to the side channels. I am confident in 23 minutes per tube.

Comment

Waiting to hear back from him .He seemed happy with what we discussed. It's now going on 2 days without a complete response from him. Time will tell. He is a utilitarian guy who likes old stuff. Said he shops at Harbor Freight though so taking it I may not be the "low quoter"
        Originally posted by turbo38t View Post
        Yes, basically a big rectangle with the legs facing in. There are two runners front to rear with the legs in as well. 9" tubes welded straight out to a dead end perpendicular to the side channels. I am confident in 23 minutes per tube.

Comment

Working...
        X