Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmurray39
    • Jan 2022

In days long gone used to be gm certified for weld repairs on the aluminum engine cradles when they got there robot dailed in took yrs. Went welding for cataplller big laoders used i think Panasonic 500 loved that machine. 045 wire great machine brother used to have orange tube amp had to let it warm up still.like the smell off hot board yeah no just plastic on hypertherm air pressure seems high in comparison to miller 80lbs to 60 but cfms lower?

Comment

• mmurray39
      • Jan 2022

My 625 has ice40c which is actual why I bought the 43max thought it was the same but no it is a blow back but smaller head compared with ice but i belivethe electrodes will.interchange not the cups or swerl ring got a xt40 torch and 20ft lead other day for the 625 it was cheap even if I dident need it would have gotten it was going to try it as I think my ice 40c caused alot of the prob we be having and the inability to find head rebuild kit 2 small o ring an a tube of grease. I mean 1200 dollars for the whole thing i(ce torch an lead)the ice 40 has 8 white wiregoing into common.xt has 7going into common run.extra it got 8 red purple orange all same?????

Comment

• mmurray39
        • Jan 2022

R44 i think

Comment

• mmurray39
          • Jan 2022

Ok little better could it work

Comment

• jjohn76
            • Aug 2018

That gate drive circuit is similar to the high side gate driver for the auxiliary power supply on the XMT 350 (troubleshooting that XMT350 board right now). I don't see what's triggering the optocouplers (what part numbers for the optocouplers?). Also, I am not seeing what is providing power. As you work backwards to the original power supply, check with either resistance or diode tester in both polarity directions. A bad capacitor, chip, diode,or voltage regulator upstream of that gate driver circuit could cause it to blow again.

Comment

• mmurray39
              • Jan 2022

Hey great to see ya how u been we workin on same type cool at least you know what your doing lol hey I got a question from the emitter to r44does the feed line on bottom side as I look at it run in series the top side seems to skip over the anode or cathode input coming from the microprocessor I dident take good enough pictures for it to be definite. The max43 it's alright nice skinny cut have been just turning it on for a couple hrs a day has that thick rubber outer shield like the 625 on torch lead it's not warm its alright tho more portable got a couple of new to me tight torches one a snobby and other variable gas control both on foot pedal ok its snowing yean

Comment

• mmurray39
                • Jan 2022

Might this work for quick disconnect for yall

Comment

• mmurray39
                  • Jan 2022

Indiamart for q conn. Well started checkingt the diodes All but about 3 of the bigger ones all have power flow both ways. The little red ones I assume should only go one way to if so bout all transistors in the. " D. " line diode have no diode action in them no ability to allow flow in 1 way not the other umm. Nice. octocoupler is hcpl-3120/j312 000e2.5 amp output max 2. Min. Oh. Wonderful. Hey u think the]boost controller is gone too?? The Potter and brumfeld thing into corner can't get any readings across it order it have to be Energized **** putting ain't fired no nukes yet so thats better than this. Lol. Well not yet

Comment

• mmurray39
                    • Jan 2022

Ok ok is there an easy way to get the clear protective coating off the board now were *** deepen it lol gasoline prob not recommended does the green coating to protect the copper lines?Lines? There s gonna be 15 or twenty did take one out some the same others 3 to 1 is. How do I tell volts take that as 600? Amps. An watts another dyshiphering zener slchottky. Photodiode light emitting shocklyor the semiconductor diodelaser avalanche. The miller is using. The zener light emitting. Opti coupleroh well its Friday again my head hurts lol nothing easy it it lol have a good day

Comment

• jjohn76
                      • Aug 2018

You're definitely deep into that machine. There is no telling how far back the issue goes. The diodes and transistors tell you the most information. The diodes all should only flow one direction with a multimeter tester (stays below the zener voltage). The problem is a lot of them are in parallel, so one could be bad and make them all show bad. You need to isolate them from the circuit to test them individually.

Diodes - If a diode shows current flow in both directions, isolate the diode to see if that is the problem one. Desolder one side of the diodes, pull that side off the board, then check across just that diode. You will likely have the black-bodied power diodes, red diodes (for transient spikes above and below board common, they switch much faster sometimes these have silver bodies too) and the silver bodied ones tend to be zener diodes (they are used for limiting max voltage in the circuit). Test them all the same way.

Transistors - you likely have the little BJTs to amplify signals - they have three leads and look like a pea-sized half circle from above (probably 2N3904 and 2N3906, but there are other part numbers too). You can check across the collector and emitter for these, and I have found it's best to check the resistances of the resistors in series with the BJTs. Compare the measured resistance across the resistor to what the color lines on the resistor body indicate. If the measured resistance is much lower (outside 5%), draw the circuit and make sure the measured resistance makes sense ASSUMING the bjt is not conducting between collector and emitter.

That clear coating (conformal coating) is a pain to remove, especially to keep the board clean. I use acetone with cloth or q-tip and multiple applications. Though the acetone shouldn't affect the components, write down the component part number and download the datasheet first (checking the datasheet makes sure you have the right part number.

The HCPL3120 is pretty common.

I don't think the boost controller or input section is gone. It would be non-responsive and blow your breaker if the input or boost circuit were gone. The inverter circuit could be gone. If I remember right, that module was much tougher to check than typical inverter half Bridge modules. I have the datasheets for those components somewhere...

How are you keeping track of the components and connections? Here is how I do it. I still trace out my circuits by hand, but trying to get it in a schematic capture (used to use Eagle, switched to Kicad so I could make bigger boards), but it's still faster to trace because of the time spent looking for components. If you have seen my other posts, you will definitely understand why I am trying to switch to a computer schematic capture - way too hard to read even my own chicken scratch...

Click image for larger version

Name:	164701516422589931556.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	619818

Below below is the high side buck converter from the XMT350 auxiliary power supply. This is not isolated from mains like the one you're troubleshooting, so it's a little bit different in how it's powered.

On the right of the picture, you see the IGBT (it's part of a bigger module) and a .47 ohm sense resistor. Your circuit looks like it uses a hall effect sensor (blue LEM box) to sense over current through the IGBT. U6 is the IGBT gate driver. The driver is connected directly to the IGBT through the gate drive circuit. Since yours is opto isolated, yours has an optocoupler between the gate driver and the IGBT. Also, your gate drive control is likely a part of the microcontroller. It is possible to damage just the output drives in the microcontroller without damaging the micro itself. But given the condition of at least one of your diodes, I don't think this is the case.

In the bottom left is the overvoltage feedback through the optocoupler. That may be what the second optocoupler in the gate drive circuit does. It could also be another isolation between the gate drive controller and the output power supplying the HCPL near the IGBT.

Name:	164701617768580383856.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	5.51 MB
ID:	619819

Compare that to the 625 Boost Circuit I troubleshot a while back on paper...

Name:	16470162922421905319659.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	619820

And the Dynasty 200SD High Side Buck auxiliary power supply. It's easier to follow the computer schematic, especially as the circuits become more complex.

Name:	164701645388369313878.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	619821

Comment

• mmurray39
                        • Jan 2022

Wow. Whoooo well there's a lot of info there gonna have to absorb understand ok acetone let's start there clean it up get good connections. if an when is there a spray type product to reprotect??? Yeah let's clean measure draw get setup for that whoooo lol. jr down at Campbell married a stripper hey I m not being judgmental but mother s been on the ceiling for couple days LOL

Comment

• jjohn76
                          • Aug 2018

Look up conformal coating - you can buy in spray or brush on.

Comment

• mmurray39
                            • Jan 2022

Hey slow going back an forth. OK why parallel circits. And u have any idea what this is I cannot find it anywhere the lem lah 50v seem alright. Do they get timing of octicoupler and igbt / power modual thxs narrowing it down. Just slow

Comment

• jjohn76
                              • Aug 2018

That's a film capacitor. Is there something wrong with it? Where is it in the circuit?

Comment

• mmurray39
                                • Jan 2022

Its at bottom of boardbelow igbt s can't get a reading across it. It hooks to gold bar 25k ohms then up to work. Ground this board tight to work with found 2 lem units 20$ snagged them iron got to close to blue veshey capasitors??got 4 of them doing rebuild changed couple diodes out lot better now .
                                getting there slowly starting sorta to understand what does what maybe sorta. Haven't hit it with a hammer yet very soothing wish my hands where younger lol

Comment

Working...
                                X