Hello

Comment

Hello 2

Comment

Hello3

Comment

Them the plcs.vsga100na60up. S1223pthere thay are

Comment

Those both are on the output/secondary side of the transformer. If you have a multimeter with a diode test on it, do the diode test between all of the leads on S1223. If you get a short (0V) between any lead, it needs to be replaced too. Given the looks of GA100NA60, you will definitely need to do some repairs on the board to get it to work again. If you don't fix the board, GA100NA60 will blow again. I don't have a schematic of that board, but there should be a voltage clamp near the gate leads from GA100NA60. Those are very likely measuring short. The gate drive resistors may be burned open too. You would need to keep tracing back through the IGBT driver circuit to see what was burned when the IGBT went (or caused the IGBT to go). When the IGBT goes, it most often shorts out, which puts the full open circuit voltage (~300V for that machine) across it's gate drive circuit.

Comment

Ok I'm in ft wayne the hobart deal miller ortherized fixer saying he wants nothing to do with it where would a good option have herd sombody in Columbia city in ? I took the vsga igbt apart it was in one piece couldn't tell except carbon burst machine didn't cause all that

Comment

Sorry about transposing the order (front to back) of the component/modules up above - when I work on the board, I flip the board around... So front to back should be input rectifier, low side chopper, half Bridge inverter, output rectifier, then pilot module.

I can't remember if innovative Corp has that board for sale, and there may have been a few other options - you can search online for the board assembly number to get a price quote. That assembly comes with all of the components and heatsinks if I remember right, and it was pretty expensive. If this machine is for work, it's probably worth looking at a new plasma cutter - more cost effective from my experience once the main power components/modules fry on the newer machines.

Comment

Mike, did you check resistance or diode drops across the leads on S1223?

On GA100NA60, it's helpful to know what in that module failed. What do you get for resistance (check both ways) or diode drop across connectors 1 and 4? Also, check the same across pins 1 and 2. That will let you know if the diode (short across connectors 1 and 4) or the IGBT (short across connectors 1 and 2).

If only the diode failed, you may be able to get away with replacing the module without having to fix the board too. If the IGBT failed, you can expect board level repair.

Comment

Boughtcheapo Chinese thing lol
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wrong pic sorry here Click image for larger version

Name:	20220131_212652.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	619291
                      Attached Files

Comment

Heyj john dis some testing the sr1 units are just aourthe same as specs. Thesr2 readings are not as good t l 3 to work great t1 4 098(not 363)l2 tot1 3l 0 l2 t1 4. 136(363) we got a prob here check on the 50 dollar used 1 it on way is this the pilot igbt 50mt060whtapbbf also snatched. 50mt060ulstapbf is there a way to test them.oher that the checks I've done already the s1223p and ga100na60up seemed to check out high 1 way drop to zero other way is that good. learning somthing here like oil an road grime more everyday lol

Comment

Anybody know if xt40 torch will replace ice40c torch

Comment

Mike, you need to find the datasheet for the 50MT60. The tech manual pre-power checks should check for that module. It has either two or four IGBTs in it, can't remember right now. It looks like you have a lot more burned in that machine. I don't know where Q17 is, bit am assuming it is part of one of the auxiliary power units.

Comment

Ok did 50mt60ulstapbf. And50mt060ulsta.

Comment

On the GA and S1223 modules, you should be reading high one direction and close to zero (~.3-.7V) the other direction. Reading .098V seems a bit low, and 0V means it is definitely bad. I may not be reading right what you wrote above. The tech manual says the 50MT060WHTA is the pilot, but I remember that not being right. The GA100NA60 is your pilot IGBT. The S1223 is your output rectifier. The 50MT060WHTA is your half-bridge inverter module. The 50MT060ULSTA is your "low side chopper" module that drives your PFC boost converter. I can't remember and couldn't find in my folders the input rectifier - it is close in name to the other two modules.
                                Before checking anything, easiest way to see if they're bad is to look for to the casing. You may be able to see some gray smoke spots on the board just to the sides of the modules. There is also a little gap between the modules and the board where you can shine a light to see any gray or black marks on the board.

It sounds like you found a parts machine. It's doesn't usually work too well swapping parts, unless you swap in a complete working board assembly. It would be like replacing the injector pump on a diesel truck without checking the lift pump, or trying to replace fuses without figuring out what is shorting to the chassis.

It really takes starting from a schematic, figuring out the system layout, and checking all of the parts that could have caused or were damaged by whatever component you found to be bad. These schematics aren't available, which makes troubleshooting a very long process (need to make your own schematic first).

Once you get a few schematics put together, you see why Millers are so expensive.... Lots of noise suppression and signal conditioning to make them reliable but also very hard to follow.

Comment

Working...
                                X