Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bababouy
    • Jan 2013

My LWS has had one on display for about 8 months now and no one has bought it yet. I would love to pick one up. Let us know how it works when you get it.

Comment

• bababouy
      • Jan 2013

its in miami but looks like a deal and a half, and just posted.

Comment

• juancarlos20121
        • Jul 2012

Miller Multimatic 200

Too bad I'm Texas if not i would of bought it

Comment

• HomerJSapien
          • Jan 2013

That looks too good to be true. I've found that when that happens, then it usually is. Could be a scam. There was one on Ebay earlier in the week and I was going to bid on it, but the seller only had a 43 feedback...and they weren't all positive so I passed. I'd rather spend a little more and get it from a reputable seller. About a year and a half ago, I saw a Miller Spectrum 125c on my local Craigslist for $600. I met the seller in a deserted shopping center parking lot. I had to take it out of his truck (he didn't seem to want to touch it). It looked brand new so I took a chance. As soon as he pulled away, I noticed that the manual was missing so I called his cell #. It was disconnected. After getting home, I quickly plugged it in and to my surprise, it worked perfectly. I was lucky. I don't think I'll do that again.

Anyway, I understand that the 200 has some duty cycle limitations and may not be right for everyone, but I really believe that it will fit my needs (being just a retired novice tinkerer and jack of all trades). As I said, I really liked the Everlast 160STH, but every time I looked at it, I saw Chinese workers getting screwed just so I could have a cheap welder. I'd rather pay more knowing that someone earned a decent living for him & his family making it. Just my opinion. My 200 should be here this afternoon. Don't know why, but I'm excited!

Comment

• Cgotto6
            • Feb 2012

That plasma has to be stolen. But good luck with your new 200. Let us know what you think. There is not a lot of real feedback about those yet.

Comment

• juancarlos20121
              • Jul 2012

Miller Multimatic 200

Homer will there anyway you make a video on the multimatic welding or in general?

Comment

• HomerJSapien
                • Jan 2013

That's exactly what I thought too. I wound up selling it and purchasing the Hobart AirForce 250ci.

When it gets here, I'm going to set it up asap and run it through some flux-core & stick welding. I ordered the torch separately from Cyberweld so I won't have that for a few days yet. They beat everyone's price (that I could find) on the torch by about $150. Baker's Gas said that theirs was about $325. It should be the same torch that comes with the Contractor's Kit (fingertip amp control, etc.).

Comment

• juancarlos20121
                  • Jul 2012

Miller Multimatic 200

If you don't mind me asking how much lws charged u I'm thinking about ordering my machine through cyberweld for 1795

Comment

• HomerJSapien
                    • Jan 2013

I purchased the 200 itself from Baker's Gas and the tig torch from Cyberweld. The prices I researched were as follows:

BRWelding Supplies - $1780
                    Cyberweld - $1795
                    Baker's Gas - $1790

Baker's Gas will match prices. I went with them because they had the accessories for flux-core and I didn't see them on the other sites. I have never ordered from Baker's before, but they were fantastic. I've also had very good experiences from both Cyberweld and BRWelding Supplies. None of them could match Cyberweld on the tig torch so that's why I went there for the torch.

Anyway, the unit arrived at noon. As I began opening everything up, I was extremely impressed with the quality of everything. This is my first Miller welder and I'm sure that most of the members here are already aware of this. The work clamp and electrode holder were both much, much more heavy duty than anything I've used before. When I opened the Bernard mig gun, I was really impressed. This is one heavy duty mig gun It also came with an .045 liner in addition to the one installed in the gun itself. As I said, everything was very well made. The only problem I had was installing the trigger cable for the mig gun. The little collar on the 2-pin connector would not screw on the threads of the port. I tried for an hour and then I called Miller support. The tech (Kevin) was great. He said that the collar could be defective and that he would ship me out a new collar asap. I hope that solves the problem.

After I got everything hooked up, I decided to test the mig & stick features on a piece of 3/16 scrap. If you look at picture, the top three beads are .030 flux-core wire 115v on auto-set. The next three are with 3/32 7018 stick electrode, also 115v on auto-set. The two below those are with .030 flux-core, 230v on auto-set. The last two are 3/32 7018, 230v on auto-set.

I was very impressed with the smoothness of the arcs both in flux-core and stick. I'm no welder by any stretch of the imagination, but I think the beads look pretty good (at least to me, anyway). The machine handled very well in both voltages. I realize that a few beads don't constitute much, but that's my impression so far. When the tig torch gets here I'll give that a shot too.

So far, I am extremely happy with everything.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• juancarlos20121
                      • Jul 2012

Miller Multimatic 200

Real nice cant wait till I can order mine tomorrow thanks for the pictures homer

Comment

• juancarlos20121
                        • Jul 2012

Miller Multimatic 200

Now you're just teasing me. Do you know if you have to pay taxes at cyberweld? And dam nice set up I guess when I get mine my wife will get off my back for been on the Internet so much researching .. Will there be a video in the future?

Comment

• HomerJSapien
                          • Jan 2013

No taxes on internet purchases unless you live in the state you're ordering from. I think Cyberweld is in New Jersey. I called my local AirGas the other day to see if they had one that I could look at. They said that they had 1 on the floor so I shot over there. I got there and another guy told me that he had sold it on Friday. He wanted me to come back later in the day because he thought he'd get one it. I told him that I was just going to purchase it off the internet and he said that he was competitive with them. His price was $2299 + tax! I just about told him he was crazy. With something that expensive, you have to purchase it online. Especially when shipping is included in the price. Maybe to some, the price doesn't matter, but it does to me anyway.

Comment

• juancarlos20121
                            • Jul 2012

Miller Multimatic 200

I called this welding supply where unusually get my stuff the said it 1975 + tax with would be about 2200 so I said he'll naw I rather just get it off the Internet

Comment

• HomerJSapien
                              • Jan 2013

you can't go wrong. I don't know how they do it. Either the lws's are gouging customers or the internet stores are cutting profits to the bone. I know Baker's Gas is a local store. I think their like AirGas. I think Cyberweld too has a local store in NJ. They're J. W. Goodliffe & Son. Baker's has an ACE HDWR. logo on their invoices. Anyway, you shop around for the cheapest price with quality customer service. As I said before, this was my first purchase from Baker's Gas and I will be doing more business there in the future. Now if I could just find a place to get some metal/steel near me that didn't cost an arm & a leg...

Comment

Working...
                              X