Clear All
  • juancarlos20121
    • Jul 2012

Miller Multimatic 200

I have always welded with miller and have never had a single problem

Comment

• HomerJSapien
      • Jan 2013

It's just ironic that my first Miller has a problem. Hopefully, the new torch will fix it.

Comment

• middleofnowhere
        • Sep 2012

Good to see some info on the Multimatics. I've had mine for a couple of months and have been almost exclusively spool gunning aluminum. Very impressed, although some of my tubing welds are pretty ugly.

I used the stick for the first time making a repair on my backhoe outrigger. Multiple slow passes seemed to get the job done. I am impressed with this little machine.

Comment

• HomerJSapien
          • Jan 2013

That's good to hear. I've just been running beads and, being inexperienced, don't have much to compare it to, but so far I love it. I just ordered the spool gun. How well does it work? I used the Hobart Spoolrunner 100 twice and after burning up 3 tips and 1 nozzle the first day, I got the hang of it and it was running some nice beads on 1/4" aluminum. I preheated the metal which I'm sure helped. Unfortunately, although they look like the exact same guns, the Spoolrunner will not work with the Multimatic.

Comment

• juancarlos20121
            • Jul 2012

Miller Multimatic 200

Well still haven't received my tracking # from cyberweld

Comment

• elvis
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by juancarlos20121 View Post
              Well still haven't received my tracking # from cyberweld
              Have you called them? I would just get on the phone and give them a buzz. Usually real helpful for me.
              MillerMatic 251
              Maxstar 150 STH
              Cutmaster 42
              Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Comment

• juancarlos20121
                • Jul 2012

Miller Multimatic 200

Just called them they said they're not sure when it will ship out

Comment

• HomerJSapien
                  • Jan 2013

That's not good. You thought it was going to be here on Friday didn't you? I wonder what's taking so long?

Got the tig torch today. First thing I did was see if it will plug in to the 200...IT DID! I won't have time to try it out until tomorrow. Spoolgun should be here tomorrow so maybe I'll be able to try them both. The tig torch came with the cup, collet holder & collet, back cap, 3 cups and a 3/32 tungsten. Fingertip control and swivel head.

Comment

• juancarlos20121
                    • Jul 2012

Miller Multimatic 200

Well just got tracking # it says it should arrive here Friday thank god everything got straighten out not a problem with cyberweld it was with my bank not changing my old billing adress as they were suppose to

Comment

• HomerJSapien
                      • Jan 2013

At least they got it straightened out. I think you're going to be very happy with the new unit. It's worth the wait.

Comment

• HomerJSapien
                        • Jan 2013

By the way, for anyone interested, the label on the MM200 says "assembled in the USA".

Comment

• juancarlos20121
                          • Jul 2012

Miller Multimatic 200

Have you usted the tig function homer

Comment

• HomerJSapien
                            • Jan 2013

I tried it out last night for a few minutes. I didn't really have any scraps that I could use. First time I used lift-arc. Seemed to work pretty well.I got some 1/8 steel today so I'm going to try again this afternoon. I found the Weldcraft AK2 tig accessory kit on Ebay for $25. We'll see what it looks like when it gets here.

Comment

• juancarlos20121
                              • Jul 2012

Miller Multimatic 200

Ok keep me updated according to tracking # multimatic should be here Friday afternoon

Comment

• HomerJSapien
                                • Jan 2013

Spoolmate 100 arrived this afternoon. Hooked it up, loaded it and tried to run some beads on some scrap 1/4" aluminum I have. Didn't work worth a ****. The Hobart Spoolrunner I had for the HH210 ran great so I was wondering why I couldn't get a good bead going. I checked everything, pre-heated the aluminum, cleaned it, etc., but still no luck. The gun kept sputtering and popping and the wire seemed to melt before it got near the aluminum. Then it dawned on me...with the Multimatic, you have to enter setup and calibrate the spoolgun. I did both the 100ipm & 300ipm tests. After some minor adjustments I got it dialed in. Tried another bead and...much better. Not perfect yet, but part of the problem could be that I had it on auto-set and it only goes up to 3/16" for aluminum. I tweaked the voltage & wire speed and it got a little better. I probably should have turned the auto-set off and just tried to dial it in manually. I'll try that tomorrow or Friday. It did run much better though after calibration and a little adjustment.

Comment

Working...
                                X