Motorsports Career?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorsports Career?

ANDY or anybody else for that matter. I am wondering what kinds of oppurtunities are there for careers in the motorsports industry? I am perticularly interested in welding for a chassis manufacturer or working in a race shop for nascar or any other racing. What are the chances of me finding a job? I have been welding for the past 4 years and have taken welding in high school, BOCES and now college. My school also offers a one year certificate program in motorsports technology. whould this class be benificial and worth the MONEY to take?
    Any help would be great. thank you

ASCWLDR24

Any intro to motorsports fab is helpful! Depending where you are located, there usually are a few race chassis manufacturing companies around. Building chassis is a lot more work than just welding tubes together. It's figuring bend radius and tube length, fabrication and assembly of bolt on parts. A good starting spot would be one of these local chassis shops where you can gain some experience, then move South to some bigger companies. The Midwest has quite a few chassis fab companies as well. Make a resume and start shooting it to all these people. Even helping a local guy at the race track can gain you some valuable experience.

A-

Comment

Working...
    X