Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 300DX: HELP 2 message

Hey Andy, or anyone who might have a clue of what's going on:

This has happened to me several times...I get all set up to do som semi-heave aluminum welding (200-230 amps) and the machine gives me a thermal overload help message. One time it was sitting in the sun for a couple hours without running and it did it from start-up...needless to say, I didn't get any welding done that day...BUT...I drove back to my shop at 70mph and I thought that the wind cooled it down because when I plugged it it, it fired right up. Now here's the kicker...it happened to me again, this time it sprinkled on the way to the sight-not enough to even get anything wet, though. I woce again plugged it in and the error message pops up after the system self-diagnostic. PLEASE HELP!!! I am in the middle of an important job that I cant have the local welding shop send it away for the week...and they dont pick up untill tuesday. (BTW, I came back to the shop and plugged it in the next morning...and guess what, the **** thing worked. Also the thing was purchaced less then four months ago) Thanks in advance. Andrew

Andrew, I have no idea what's going on. My first suggestion is to post on http://www.hobartwelders.com/mboard/. There's alot more people there. Andy's a busy guy. My second suggestion is to go to your miller shop and TELL them that you need a temp while yours is in the shop. My shop would do it, hopefully yours will too.
    Matt

Comment

Well, it didn't do it today. I tried at leadt six local miller distributors and equip rentals and nobody has dynasties or syncrowaves. Though, I did find a local distributor that will look at it and fix it the same day...if the parts are in stock...he says the PC board is what usually goes on that model and they only have a 30 day warranty, so obviously they don't stock them...they update the boards pretty often (who knows...maybe they'll make them a little more bullet-proof!). The good news is that the major on-site job I was doing is over (typically I just do fairly low-amperage stuff in my shop...but a fifty food aluminum wheel chair ramp is a whole 'nothter story). If the machine keeps acting up I have enough time inbetween jobs that I can drop it off for a couple days. Andrew

Comment

Well I hope everything works out for ya. It's too bad they don't make ALL their welders bullet proof from the get go!!

Comment

You did not say if the machine was new or used but you did say that you just purchased it--if it is new your distributor is misinformed on the warranty period,to bad I live in San Diego I would loan you a machine do get you out of trouble--if I read your post correctly you seem to have this problem away from your shop, is that correct?

Comment

Hey...thanks for the offer. Actually I'm in San Jose, so that's a little far for the both of us! It was 'purchaced' new from 'cyberweld.com' (no tax and a great price...relatively). Yes, the only time the proble has showed itself to date is at one specific site, however with two different power scourses. I know parts on the machine are warrantied for three years...and labor for one? Either way its only three months...I'm just going to keep an eye on it for now.

Comment

I think the entire machine is covered for three years total,check with Miller direct not a local dealer and I would suspect a problem with the supplied power not the machine.

Comment

I think it could be fluxuation with the imput power. Chub

Comment

YES THE MACHINE HAS A 3 YEAR WARRANTY ON IT.........ROCK
                  [email protected]
                  ROCK

Comment

I sounds like you are running the machine on single phase and the wrong wires are connected in your plug or in the machine. Make sure the Black and White leads are connected for single phase. This will allow the machine to power up properly.

Comment

I agree,
                      Sounds like the power you are tied to at the site was strange. I had the same problem when I ran mine off a generator once. The PCB is as good as any we make and shouldn't reflect on the quality of the machine. It has gone through some performance enhancements through the years but I can say there is not a habitual problem with the pcb. There have been some "spotty" vender related parts issues that could affect any of our products and we will always stand by the machine for 3yrs.
                      Hope all goes well from now on.

Andy-

Comment

Working...
                      X