X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinz195
    • Jan 2013

dynasty 350

ive been reading a lot about the dynasty 350. im really thinking about getting one. been saving my pennys and im pretty close to buying a new one.. only issue is i would like to try it before i buy it.. you know like test driving a car lol

anyone have a used dynasty 350 for sale or can let me make a few passes with it?? im in northeast ohio.

thanks in advance
  • go2building
    • Feb 2012

dynasty 350

North west NJ, if you want to take a long drive and try it out.
    Last edited by go2building; 01-03-2013, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Gaby
      • May 2012

West central florida. Buy it you will love it,it welds so easy its awsome!!!!

Comment

• mikesystem
        • Aug 2008

Ask your lws if they have a demo or know anyone in town that has one or phone a rental company and see if u can rent one for a day

Comment

• spinz195
          • Jan 2013

ive talked to the local welding guys.. noone around here has one lol. havent thought about trying to rent one.. good idea.. ill look into that

Comment

• mikesystem
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by spinz195 View Post
            ive talked to the local welding guys.. noone around here has one lol. havent thought about trying to rent one.. good idea.. ill look into that
            ya even if it costs you a few bucks better then dropping 8 or 9 grand on somthing u dont known

Comment

• regal2800
              • May 2007

have you looked to see if you could find one used?

Comment

• dave powelson
                • Oct 2012

Try before you buy?

Originally posted by spinz195 View Post
                ive been reading a lot about the dynasty 350. im really thinking about getting one. been saving my pennys and im pretty close to buying a new one.. only issue is i would like to try it before i buy it.. you know like test driving a car lol

anyone have a used dynasty 350 for sale or can let me make a few passes with it?? im in northeast ohio.

thanks in advance
                If one's on good term$ with their LWS...they may accommodate you. Airgas always has furnished me with a new demo machine--however, they knew from past history that if I asked for a demo,
                that meant I was going to purchase--which I always did.

2 months ago--I bought a new 350, without demo. I needed the machine to replace my old inverter and wasn't going to screw around with the demo dance. From the 350 spec's, user comments, John Marcella's, Chris Razor's Miller adverts and most importantly, the conversations I had with a Miller repair facilty; I knew that it would work for me...which it has.

Hopefully, you're accustomed to tiggin', tiggin' with a good inverter, before playing with a 350. If not, then the seller needs to setup the menu for you to play with it. Yes, it rocks on AL, steel, SS and can do so much more than a transformer unit. If you're concerned that 'will it really weld metal?'--then just follow the basic Miller setup parameters for the 350. (It appears to every user I've seen discuss--that it actually can make weld beads.) So--knock yourself out and run some beads.

Learning the setup menu with all the variations available to custom tailor the arc....is more than a 5 minute job-[more like days of practice to learn the menu sequencing--ask B.C. . I keep a log of various setups--in addition to the automatically saved setups the 350 does]....and YOU'LL need to already know--what you're looking for in the arc and parameters that you're fiddling with. (That really applies to any welding machine.)

The 350 could be used as a learner machine, if the learner has patience.

Comment

• spinz195
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by dave powelson View Post
                  If one's on good term$ with their LWS...they may accommodate you. Airgas always has furnished me with a new demo machine--however, they knew from past history that if I asked for a demo,
                  that meant I was going to purchase--which I always did.

2 months ago--I bought a new 350, without demo. I needed the machine to replace my old inverter and wasn't going to screw around with the demo dance. From the 350 spec's, user comments, John Marcella's, Chris Razor's Miller adverts and most importantly, the conversations I had with a Miller repair facilty; I knew that it would work for me...which it has.

Hopefully, you're accustomed to tiggin', tiggin' with a good inverter, before playing with a 350. If not, then the seller needs to setup the menu for you to play with it. Yes, it rocks on AL, steel, SS and can do so much more than a transformer unit. If you're concerned that 'will it really weld metal?'--then just follow the basic Miller setup parameters for the 350. (It appears to every user I've seen discuss--that it actually can make weld beads.) So--knock yourself out and run some beads.

Learning the setup menu with all the variations available to custom tailor the arc....is more than a 5 minute job-[more like days of practice to learn the menu sequencing--ask B.C. . I keep a log of various setups--in addition to the automatically saved setups the 350 does]....and YOU'LL need to already know--what you're looking for in the arc and parameters that you're fiddling with. (That really applies to any welding machine.)

The 350 could be used as a learner machine, if the learner has patience.

thank u dave. im fairly used to tigging.. but never have done it on a inverter machine before. im really excited about all the features it gives you.. i know just by some of the threads on here, its quite a learning process to learn all the menus etc..

i guess ill have to travel some and find someone who can offer me a demo. i think there is a local airgas around me.

ive also looked for a used one.. i found one very recently, but he is asking for near buying cost of one new. they seem to pop up every once in awhile and ususally sell fast.

Comment

• Gunner12R
                    • Feb 2012

Buying the Dynasty 350 will easily be the best money you could ever spend. The cost makes us all swallow hard but once you have it and get cozy with the settings you will realize you just made the best choice you have ever made. I wouldn't take anything for my Dynasty 350 except another Dynasty 350 or 700! Once you get comfortable with the machine in a few weeks of using it and trying different settings for different situations you will be able to look at a job and and walk over and set the thing dead on the first time you strike off. At that point you are ready to experiment with all the different tungsten choices and really fine tune you processes. Within a few short months I found myself working on stuff like color matching just like Marcella says he works on. This machine will allow you to master every part of the process and move on to stuff that other welders can't even give thought to because they are too busy trying to make their welds good enough. You really will be amazed how powerful this machine is and how much better welder you will become once it's sitting in your shop... and best of all it runs for FREE! I swear my power bill doesn't even show the welder being used! You can't get that anywhere with anything else that I know of. It sits there quiet as a mouse and does it's job. The water cooler is whisper quiet and for us old guys that silence is golden! I can not say enough good things about this machine. It's just that good and Miller knows they have a winner with this one. I will never own anything else

Comment

• Gunner12R
                      • Feb 2012

As for a used one of these my Miller sales man advised me away from them unless they were still under warranty. According to him all inverter machines have a life span of 7 to 10 years before they start having issues that cost a lot to fix. If you knew whom the prior owner was and how the machine was cared for I wouldn't be concerned but unless I knew the history of the machine I haven't seen any used one that much less than what a new one cost. I would pay the price for a new one.

Comment

• mikesystem
                        • Aug 2008

A 700 would be bad a$$

Comment

Working...
                        X