X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikesystem
    • Aug 2008

bought a new to me dynasty 350

just like to say i bought my self a dynasty 350 for x mas i cant wait to get it set up
  • cayager
    • Nov 2009

a great christmas indeed

wow congrats great machine.thats one great christmas present.was it a complete runner or just the machine?

Comment

• mikesystem
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by cayager View Post
      wow congrats great machine.thats one great christmas present.was it a complete runner or just the machine?
      its a complete air cooled system and have a coolmate for it so just need a 350 amp water torch and i am set i kinda liked the idea of air cooled since this is my first every tig welder i have owned all the others have been water so the air is portable if i need it

Comment

• go2building
        • Feb 2012

Great machine, you'll love it.
        Kevin

Comment

• mikesystem
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by go2building View Post
          Great machine, you'll love it.
          Kevin
          ya if its as good as everyone says they are i will love it

Comment

• shovelon
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mikesystem View Post
            ya if its as good as everyone says they are i will love it
            It's really good on thick alum and the pulse feature is awesome for thin steels and stainless steels. Easy on the power bill too.

It's gonna be a bit intimadateing at first, but keep checking the the Dynasty setup sticky at the top of the page. And keep asking questions. This is where I learned the tricks that are so confusing in the manual.
            Last edited by shovelon; 12-23-2012, 10:58 AM.
            Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
            3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
            Miller Dynasty200DX
            ThermalArc 400 GTSW
            MillerMatic350P
            MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
            MKCobraMig260
            Lincoln SP-170T
            Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
            Hypertherm 1250
            Hypertherm 800
            PlasmaCam CNC cutter
            Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
            SiberHegner CNC Mill
            2 ea. Bridgeport
            LeBlond 15" Lathe
            Haberle 18" Cold Saw
            Doringer 14" Cold Saw
            6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

• JSFAB
              • Feb 2009

Is there a serial number on it??????
              Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

• mikesystem
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by JSFAB View Post
                Is there a serial number on it??????
                yes there is would not be that stupid to buy something with out a serial number on it

Comment

• regal2800
                  • May 2007

The best TIG welder on the market! (dyn 700 has more power but 350 amp is plenty)

You will love it. I have a 2011 model i bought after owning the sync 250dx. Anyhow i have spent the last year learning how to really fine tune the settings. Enjoy it.

Comment

• mikesystem
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by regal2800 View Post
                    The best TIG welder on the market! (dyn 700 has more power but 350 amp is plenty)

You will love it. I have a 2011 model i bought after owning the sync 250dx. Anyhow i have spent the last year learning how to really fine tune the settings. Enjoy it.
                    I build aluminum hot rod rads and custom coolers for snowmobiles do custom exhaust work it's a home garage hobby that's all did not want to spend the extra but since I am doing it figured I would get the 350 instead of the dynasty 200 I don't think I could go with only having 200 amp so did the jump to 350 dynasty. The 700 is bad a$$ but way over kill for me

Comment

• go2building
                      • Feb 2012

The 350 is way better than the 200. The 200 is way easier for portability than the 350, glad I have both
                      Kevin

Comment

• mikesystem
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by go2building View Post
                        The 350 is way better than the 200. The 200 is way easier for portability than the 350, glad I have both
                        Kevin
                        I am going to have both air and water I don't plan on moving it to much but if I do I will run the air cooled torch and leave the cart and cooler at home plus have finger and foot pedal as well

Comment

• Mabruteam
                          • Dec 2012

Miller dynasty 350 bought new in 2006

Got mine new back in 2006 with the water cooling kit and complete rack, we manufactured railings and towers for Bertam yachts, the last job was done around 2009, machine never had any problems, was put inside my clean garage waiting for better days... Few weeks ago when I finally tried to use the machine the display was dead, power is ok 230v in and out of the main breaker, white and black wires, red is isolated just like before.. Grown is ok.
                          We took the machine to the Miller service center in Hollywood Florida, they charge me $210 to evaluate the problem.. They claim that all 3 boards are bad and the repairs will cost close around $3200, they offer $750 to buy it as is.
                          The most incredible part of this deal is that the inside and outside looks like new, no sign of burned parts, resistors, capacitors, are all clean & perfect, machine was inside, no dents. Paid close to $9000 with the extra long lines, pipe covers, I made payments (lease for so long) and now that is mine is no good.
                          I need advice..

Comment

• mikesystem
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Mabruteam View Post
                            Got mine new back in 2006 with the water cooling kit and complete rack, we manufactured railings and towers for Bertam yachts, the last job was done around 2009, machine never had any problems, was put inside my clean garage waiting for better days... Few weeks ago when I finally tried to use the machine the display was dead, power is ok 230v in and out of the main breaker, white and black wires, red is isolated just like before.. Grown is ok.
                            We took the machine to the Miller service center in Hollywood Florida, they charge me $210 to evaluate the problem.. They claim that all 3 boards are bad and the repairs will cost close around $3200, they offer $750 to buy it as is.
                            The most incredible part of this deal is that the inside and outside looks like new, no sign of burned parts, resistors, capacitors, are all clean & perfect, machine was inside, no dents. Paid close to $9000 with the extra long lines, pipe covers, I made payments (lease for so long) and now that is mine is no good.
                            I need advice..
                            That's not good I would call a tech at miller tig department

Comment

• shovelon
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Mabruteam View Post
                              I need advice..
                              Hold on there. I would take it to another service center. The likelyhood that it worked perfect when you used it last, then won't fire up when next used does not indicate to me that all three boards are dead. I have only had boards fail under load.

And the fact they offered to buy it is sketchy too. I bet they never even opened it. I have a dead Dynasty350 that endured some 8000 hours of hard labor that I keep for an ornament. It indeed failed under full load, and has bad boards. However I would gladly take $750 for it, as I know for a fact that it died a noble death and aint coming back to life.
                              Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
                              3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
                              Miller Dynasty200DX
                              ThermalArc 400 GTSW
                              MillerMatic350P
                              MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
                              MKCobraMig260
                              Lincoln SP-170T
                              Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
                              Hypertherm 1250
                              Hypertherm 800