X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billet Benny
    replied
    these links are from jwharris..

Aluminum filler selection guide http://www.harrisproductsgroup.com/c...illerchart.asp

Stainless filler selection guide http://www.harrisproductsgroup.com/c...illerchart.asp

Experience also tells you when it's ok or beneficial to deviate from these charts a little. But they're a great starting point.

Leave a comment:

• Billet Benny
    replied
    Originally posted by qq_ss_dd View Post
    Dear Andrew,
    Iam Lokking For The Tables Used In Filler Metal Selection Of Titanium Electrodes?

Would You Please Help Me
    Titanium rule of thumb is the matching grade filler or the highest grade if you're working with 2 different grades. Sometimes it's safe/acceptable to use the next highest grade anyway. This is a good rule of thumb if you're not following an already published and documented welding procedure.

You say "titanium electrode", but I assume you mean filler rod.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Dear Andrew,
    Iam Lokking For The Tables Used In Filler Metal Selection Of Titanium Electrodes?

Would You Please Help Me

Leave a comment:

• Sniper4848
    replied
    that might be helpful if you would email me those NASA tables. My email address is [email protected] Title it something obvious...I have a lot of spam. Thanks a bunch, Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Disney
    replied
    Andrew,

The American Welding Society (AWS) is a good source of information on filler metals, however AWS does not make specific recommendations for filler metal selection. The following specifications will give you information on physical and chemical make-up.

AWS A5.18 – filler metal for carbon steel
    AWS A5.9 – filler metal for stainless steel
    AWS A5.10 - filler metal for aluminum
    AWS A5.16 – filler metal for titanium

I have some tables that I use for selecting filler metals that came from NASA. I only have tables for stainless steel and aluminum. I can email them to you if you think they may help. NASA probably would have some info on titanium welding.

I did a little research on your question concerning “low fuming bronze”, this material is typically used on copper, brass & bronze alloys. Did not find any reference for using it on cast material.

Hope this information is helpful. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Sniper4848
    started a topic Filler Rods

Filler Rods

What's the best way to match the filler rod with base material? Does AWS put out any referencing information? I've got an idea of what to put on aluminum, but what about all the stainless parts out there? And what does that 'low fuming bronse' go on - die-cast materials? Not that I'll be welding ALL these base materials, but when that piece of titanium has to be repaired...I have to know what to butter it up with. Thanks, Andrew
Working...
X