Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASKANDY
    replied
    The Sync180SD would be a fine choice for your application. The only upgrade you might want later on is a water cooler and small TIG torch for getting into those "tight" spots. The air cooled torch will be fine for now. It may get a bit warm under extensive use, but it can handle it.

Andy

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic TIG machine selection

TIG machine selection

I am looking to buy a TIG machine to complement my 250amp MIG setup. The application is for Race car construction mainly involving DOM tubing up to .120 inch thickness, 4130 tubing up to .080 inch and aluminum up to 1/8 of an inch. I was looking at the the new 180SD Runner package which seems to have a lot of features offered on the higher priced models. Would this be suitable for my requirements or do I need a higher end setup. I want a setup than can do a professional job and can afford to spend more if required. However, I don't want to spend any more than I have to given its for hobby use. I notice that the above setup has an air cooled torch will this be a problem during prolonged welding sessions?

Thanks
Working...
X