X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kvwall
    started a topic C60 vs. AWS Certs

C60 vs. AWS Certs

Looking for thoughts on the pros and cons on getting a C60 Contractors License vs. just getting certifications. I already know about the requirements to test.

I know there are insurance requirements and other costs to maintain a CL. But if there is more work available it seems like it would be worth it.

I've had a couple guys tell me that AWS certs are enough to keep you busy.

So, any thoughts about whether it's worth it or not to pursue a C60?

• kvwall
    replied
    Originally posted by Sberry View Post
    If it was that easy everyone would run a test plate, work would come pouring thru the door?
    Yeah. Wishful thinking.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    I've had a couple guys tell me that AWS certs are enough to keep you busy
    If it was that easy everyone would run a test plate, work would come pouring thru the door?

Leave a comment:

• Dualie
    replied
    JS fab Nailed it.

If you want to do field work and have legal recourse then you need a CSLB

Leave a comment:

• JSFAB
    replied
    In California, a contractors license simply makes you legally able to enter into a contract, on real estate or connected to real estate. As opposed to personal property. California Contractors Law applies to any work over $x00.00, done on real property. If you do work, both labor and material, over this amount (you can easily find out the limit, just visit the website),,,, and DON'T have the proper Contractors License, the customer can simply run your bill thru the shredder, and refuse to pay, you have no legal recourse since you don't have the legal requirements to enter into that contract in the first place. Illegal contract. Not enforceable. Too bad.
    Last edited by JSFAB; 10-07-2012, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X