X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kenny Brutcher
    • Sep 2009

MM 211 having problems

Hi all, I am having problems with welding anything steel, My gun cap is arcing to the metal I am welding. I have never had this happen before. I am running 030 solid wire,75/25 gas ,220 power,I have tried auto set up and manual set up.Not alot of hours on this machine (aprox30) My MM172 was much more forgiving than the new MM211. I am not sure whats up.Any body have this problem. I have checked polarity and that is where its supossed to be.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 211
    Spoolmate 100
    Hypertherm 30 plasma cutter
    Chalanger 172 mig
  • aametalmaster
    Chairman Of The Board
    • Sep 2005

Check for a piece of slag inside the nozzle or on the contact tube....Bob
    Bob Wright

Comment

• Miller Kevin
      • Sep 2005

Kenny,

If you don't find anything shorting across from the tip to the nozzle then the insulator in the nozzle has to be shorted. The most common reason for that happening is to much noz-dip. If you are using noz-dip you only want to dip the very end of the nozzle about a 1/4" is plenty. Using more than a little can saturate the insulator and can cause the nozzle to short out. If you are not using noz-dip then it sounds like the insulator in the nozzle has just failed.

In either case replacing the nozzle should take care of the arcing issue.
      Kevin Schuh
      Service Technician
      Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Comment

• Kenny Brutcher
        • Sep 2009

thanks

Yep, It was a tiny piece of junk way back in the tip of the gun. This was the first time I had that happen. Thanks everybody for the help. I stay so busy that the little things go overlooked. Thanks again.
        Dynasty 200 DX
        Millermatic 211
        Spoolmate 100
        Hypertherm 30 plasma cutter
        Chalanger 172 mig

Comment

Working...
        X