#^(k! copper THIEVES!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by weldonwelding View Post
    Ive never done that before.. thats sounds like a good idea. One of my friends is a farmer and he caught someone in one of his buildings one night stealing tools and some other stuff. He shot his gun in the air and told them to scram and dont come back. The cops came and arrested him for some bulls!:@t charge and he did 3 yrs in prison at 65yrs old! A week before the night he caught them someone ( probly same people) stole 20,000 dollars worth of stuff from his property. The thieves got level 1 probation. The law doesnt do squat to theives, their more worried about writing speeding tickets and such.
    That really sucks!!
    Farmers are working their backsides off to eek out a living and feed us.
    Next time a farmer catches one of these low lifes maybe that low life should be buried for a night or two like a post in a five foot deep post hole. In the next day or two the post should be dug up and told if he/she is found in the area again the feet will be the only part showing for the next night or two.
    Trailblazer 325 EFI
    Dynasty 200DX
    SVI 300i cvcc
    Mig 4HD & Mig 2E wire feeders
    Ultra-Pulse 300i Pendant
    EAS-IV Electronic Arc Starter and Plumbing Box
    Powermax1000 G3 Series
    AC-225 Arc Welder

Comment

Originally posted by bbraman View Post
      Please don't take this wrong, in not advocating any violence! Ok maybe a little!!
      Yeah, me too.

I'll stop beating his face in when the rebar I'm beating him with breaks from metal fatigue.

Comment

Local dentist was pulling teeth last month, he told his office girl to phone the air con boys because it had stopped working, when they arrived, he was told it had stopped working because the outside unit had been stolen, all while he was pulling teeth.
        I had a 5 ton unit stolen from one of my houses earlier this year. I spent two days welding cages around my other two houses, they are not attractive but serious stuff will be needed to remove the cage and a lot of noise will also have to be made in doing so.
        Just make it hard and I think they will go for something easier. I even thought of putting 110V onto the cage but have not done so yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ILikeFlyin View Post
          Originally posted by kvwall View Post
          Game cameras is a great idea. Much cheaper than video surveillance.
          A 12 gauge with rock salt is even cheaper.
          Yeah but I live in CA. I'd be the one going to jail.
          Lincoln Vantage 400
          Trailblazer® 302 Air Pak™

Miller Dynasty® 350
          Millermatic 350P Aluminum
          Millermatic® 252
          Syncrowave 351
          Lincoln LN-25 Pro

Multimatic™ 200

XR-Aluma Pro Gun
          Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Thermal Dynamics® Cutmaster® 52
          Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

Comment

The low lifers here recently started stealing pool pumps too. I recently replaced 250' of welding leads and I'd like to recycle them but I'm afraid they'll try to arrest me as a thief, maybe if I bring my reciept for the new leads with me?
            Miller Syncrowave 200
            Homemade Water Cooler
            130XP MIG
            Spectrum 375
            60 year old Logan Lathe
            Select Machine and Tool Mill
            More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

Salvage shops don't care, they'll call it burn't copper (weld cable thats had it's sheathing burned off with a trorch) and off you will go cash in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                Salvage shops don't care, they'll call it burn't copper (weld cable thats had it's sheathing burned off with a trorch) and off you will go cash in hand.
                The last time I took stripped wire to the recyclers, they said they wouldn't take it any more if it was stripped, telling me it was illegal to strip it???????
                Miller Syncrowave 200
                Homemade Water Cooler
                130XP MIG
                Spectrum 375
                60 year old Logan Lathe
                Select Machine and Tool Mill
                More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
                  Yeah, me too.

I'll stop beating his face in when the rebar I'm beating him with breaks from metal fatigue.
                  Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
                  The last time I took stripped wire to the recyclers, they said they wouldn't take it any more if it was stripped, telling me it was illegal to strip it???????
                  so clean copper (#1) is illegal? they must be breathing the fumes from the insulation there burning! around here they welcome clean copper at the scrapyards (must show id for payment)

Comment

# Copper Thiefs

Last April they stole my welder off the trailer. You could not see the welder unless it was in use. The thief's pried the welder from the welded frame that was bolted down, and made off with the welder during the day. Welder was in place at 6:30 am and gone at 3:30 pm when I returned from work. It's a good thing I did not catch them! I would have ended up going to jail.
                    Not being a pro welder it was more of an inconvenience for me. You are right something need to be done to the thief's.

Comment

Working...
                    X