Q. When building a roll cage, where should the bottle of the roll cage be welded to? the frame, or to the floorboard? And which would be the strongest? (Submitted by: woody from Kermit,TX)

A. I assume this is a street rod? Depends on the vehicle, full frame, unibody, unibody with tie-ins, and design of the cage. Full cage with door bars, or partial. Typically you would want to tie to the frame. make sure the body is properly attached to the frame since it could dislodge from the frame in a severe crash. The seat and belts should also be attached to the cage if it is a full roll cage. It provides the best protection for the driver.