cruizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cornerstone View Post
    Oh? Know anywhere in E-town I can get this done?
    Sure, Continental......

After all, I send everyone there , mainly from Pakistan or India, or guys that plainly piss me off.

Comment

I have a Miller Pipe Pro which is a XMT 304 with a engine on it. And when I was comparing the vantage verses my Pipe pro.

I sure like the idea of it running at 1800 RPM verses mine screaming all day at about 3600 RPM when running over 150 amps.

Comment

Muffler shops will build an exhaust for you not much back pressure but sigificantly quieter, kinda like a short glass pack.

Comment

Cruizer

Cruizer,does turning down the high idle also apply to the Vantage 300 with the Kubota engine? That is what I have. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NMWelding View Post
            Cruizer,does turning down the high idle also apply to the Vantage 300 with the Kubota engine? That is what I have. Thanks.
            Definately Yep, I know it seems like a backwards way of thinking, turn the high idle down to get MORE power. But its done to align the modified wave form of the machine.

And remember that if your not useing at least a 1/0 stinger whip. That fancy dig control isn't going to do much.

Aso if you have a pre 2009 machine, its best to use some sort of diesel fuel lube.

I recommend the Howes Meaner power cleaner. Perkins has a good and less expensive one too, made by Standynes.

Comment

Cruizer

I have a 2/0 stinger whip and have always used additives for all my diesels. I use Stanadyne. My JohnDeere dealer sells it. I've found that anything they stock and sell is a quality product.

Comment

Originally posted by NMWelding View Post
                I have a 2/0 stinger whip and have always used additives for all my diesels. I use Stanadyne. My JohnDeere dealer sells it. I've found that anything they stock and sell is a quality product.
                So you know the pos 1 -10 is a flatter washed in weld, with the negs a focused higher weld

With wire it works in the opposite way with the negs being the flatter washed in
                and pos being a focused higher weld.

Comment

he hasn't posted on here in quite some time but here is an older review of the Vantage
                  http://www.vannattabros.com/shop.html

and his Logging site is a good read anyway.
                  Ed Conley
                  http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                  MM252
                  MM211
                  Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                  TA185
                  Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                  O/A set
                  SO 2020 Bender
                  You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Hey cruizer, I don't have a meter handy and what to try turning my revs down. Do you recall how many turns it took on the bolt?

Comment

CAN'T do it without a meter!

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                        Great machines! Vary comparable to the Miller Big Blue Pipepro in weld characteristics.

Turn the high idle rpm down to 60.5 to 61hz and it'll weld even greater after that.
                        So I would guess the same hz for a Vantage 300?
                        Jeff

Comment

Actually the same for all diesel welders with a hybrid wave form designed for 60 hz.

Whats weird about the whole thing is that there are, what 500+ welder repair shops, and only I took the time to figure it out.

So while EVERY repair shop must possess a scope, it appears that few use them and take the time to compare supplied waveforms with those in the manuals?

Now, everybody is comming in to have thier machines adjusted because others have reported that thier machines are running to much better, and better fuel economy to boot. I've got other things do do besides a 5 minute adjustment.

Comment

Cruzer...

$50 for a 5 min job...all day long...lol
                            MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
                            Just For Home Projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Doughboyracer View Post
                              $50 for a 5 min job...all day long...lol
                              Nahhh, It's usually $20 bucks, or free if they have a Weld Alert remote

Comment

is it the same with a pipe pro 300. 60.5 to 61 hz?

Comment

Working...
                                X