Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HomerJSapien
    replied
    I don't think you want to see it, or should I say, I don't want anyone to see it? I made a fire extinguisher holder for my welding cart today out of 16g. I cut a 5" circle with the plasma cutter and a 1" strip for the lip. I wanted to Tig the joint where the bottom & the lip meet. I started out ok but I made a mess of it pretty quick. I still can't get the hang of tig welding. I don't know if I'm not cleaning the metal good enough or what. I seem to have a hard time seeing the puddle. Anyway, I had to finish it up with my mig torch and then grind everything down. The finished product turned out ok, but it was not material for a how-to video. Very frustrating!

I'm going to break the cart down in the next couple of days so I can wire wheel everything and paint it. I'll send you some pics when I do.

Leave a comment:

• juancarlos20121
    replied
    Multimatic 200

Send me pics I your tig welds at [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• HomerJSapien
    replied
    Foot pedal should be here today. That's good because I have some things I want to Tig weld.

Leave a comment:

• juancarlos20121
    replied
    Multimatic 200

I love the machine I'm just now getting the the point I'm wanting a tig setup for the welder

Leave a comment:

• HomerJSapien
    replied
    I tried it last week and couldn't get the torch switch to work. I got some advice from Miller Kevin and got everything straightened out. I'm still wrestling with it but I like it. I have pretty large hands so I'm finding it a little difficult to reach the amp control dial on the torch so I ordered a foot pedal from SCC Controls. So far, everything about this machine is...smoooooth! I built myself a cart over the weekend. So far, I haven't exceeded duty cycle yet. How about you? How do you like it?

Leave a comment:

• juancarlos20121
    replied
    how do you like the tig setup homer?

Leave a comment:

• HomerJSapien
    replied
    Kevin, you're a genius! I could swear that I tried that yesterday with no luck. You know I do have some days when I wonder what the **** I'm doing!

I switched the 200 to remote and the on/off switch, gas and amp dial all seem to work. I really appreciate your help with this. One more question; when I'm trying to tig weld (I say trying because that's all I'm doing right now) and I get a really bright arc is that due to improper cleaning of the workpiece? I know the arc will flare if I touch the tunsten, but I'm getting some really bright arcs every now and then.

Leave a comment:

• HomerJSapien
    replied
    Kevin, I tried that and didn't seem to be able to strike an arc. I'm going to give it another try now and see how it goes. I'll get back to you in a bit. Thanks very much...

Leave a comment:

• Miller Kevin
    replied
    If you have it in "Lift Arc Tig" the tungsten will be hot all the time. You should be using the remote setting and the button on the gun should fire it.

Leave a comment:

• HomerJSapien
    replied
    I originally had it set to Tig - Lift Arc. Then I tried the Tig Lift Arc Remote and got nothing...no arc.

Leave a comment:

• Miller Kevin
    replied
    Do you have dial on the front of the unit set on "Tig Lift Arc Remote" or "Tig Lift Arc" ?

Leave a comment:

• HomerJSapien
    replied
    Steve, thank you for the reply. I bought the torch from Cyberweld.com. It was listed as specifically for the Multimatic 200. They had them listed at $174...the cheapest anywhere by far. Now, the same torch is $330. I have written to Weldcraft but have yet to hear back from them.

Leave a comment:

• SteveBryant
    replied
    Homer,
    I can't say for sure, but I'll hazard a guess. Now, just to let you know, this isn't a wild a** guess, I'm a retired aviation electronics engineer and I've done a lot of troubleshooting of electrical/electronic equipment to determine why a certain feature may not work properly and how to resolve the issue.

So here's what I think is going on. The wiring of your plug from the Weldcraft LS17 does not match up properly (interface) with the mating input receptacle on the MultiMatic 200. The probable solution would be to review the wiring diagrams for the LS17 and the TIG connector regarding wire function. Is the P/N for your LS17 specific to the MultiMatic 200 or is it designed for another welder? There could be different setups for various applications or they may all be exactly the same. You could also have a broken or disconnected wire on the welder or the torch end. Just some food for thought.

Steve

BTW, I bought the MultiMatic back in September and I think that it's a great welder!

Leave a comment:

• HomerJSapien
    replied
    I have a question on the MM200 that I hope someone can answer. I have a Weldcraft LS17 tig torch with fingertip on/off and amperage controls. When I tig weld, neither of these functions seem to work. I can't control the amperage from the dial and the torch is always live. It won't turn on or off with the torch switch. I'm wondering if it can be because I was welding with the auto-set feature on. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Leave a comment:

• juancarlos20121
    replied
    Multimatic 200

Yes Barry I as well own one and its been one of the best investments I have made and let me tell you it has made it's money back

Leave a comment:

Working...
X