Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 1987 MM 200

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New 1987 MM 200

    I went to a retirement sale and the guy sold me a barely used MM200 for $350.00

    I bought one back in 1987 and after having it for about 9 years I decided to upgrade to a Miller 250X and boy was I disapointed so they took it back and gave me the Millermatic Vintage which was leaps and bounds better than the
    250X.

    I havent used it yet but I know what a great machine it was, as far as I'm concerned its just as good as any new one out, Infact my old one had more sweet spots than even the newer Vintage.
    ( Keep in mind, I'm talking a welder in the same class 250 amp single phase )

  • #2
    Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
    I went to a retirement sale and the guy sold me a barely used MM200 for $350.00

    I bought one back in 1987 and after having it for about 9 years I decided to upgrade to a Miller 250X and boy was I disapointed so they took it back and gave me the Millermatic Vintage which was leaps and bounds better than the
    250X.

    I havent used it yet but I know what a great machine it was, as far as I'm concerned its just as good as any new one out, Infact my old one had more sweet spots than even the newer Vintage.
    ( Keep in mind, I'm talking a welder in the same class 250 amp single phase )
    Great score...

    The MM200 is a great classic machine, duty cycle rated equal to a MM252....

    Kept mine... even though I have a MM350P....

    The MM200 is a well kept secret....
    .

    *******************************************
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

    Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

    My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

    TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

    Comment


    • #3
      You got a killer deal. Every time I think of "upgrading" mine, the pros on the sites tell me I'm nut. Arguably the best mig Miller ever made-this is what I've been told.

      I bought mine last yr for $299 with the spot panel and a working Spoolmatic for $299. I put about $400 into it between paint, delivery, a new Q300 gun and tips rollers. I'm still ahead of the game.

      Comment


      • #4
        Would not part with mine. Still have the original torch. Could not tell you how many hundreds of spools that it ate up.
        Nothing welded, Nothing gained

        Miller Dynasty700DX
        3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
        Miller Dynasty200DX
        ThermalArc 400 GTSW
        MillerMatic350P
        MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
        MKCobraMig260
        Lincoln SP-170T
        Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
        Hypertherm 1250
        Hypertherm 800
        PlasmaCam CNC cutter
        Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
        SiberHegner CNC Mill
        2 ea. Bridgeport
        LeBlond 15" Lathe
        Haberle 18" Cold Saw
        Doringer 14" Cold Saw
        6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

        Comment


        • #5
          The only down fall that the machine had was the manual plug to switch from high to low would get hot and melt when doing some heavy duty welding. So every once in a while i'd have to change the plug.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
            The only down fall that the machine had was the manual plug to switch from high to low would get hot and melt when doing some heavy duty welding. So every once in a while i'd have to change the plug.
            That's right. I forgot about that.
            Nothing welded, Nothing gained

            Miller Dynasty700DX
            3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
            Miller Dynasty200DX
            ThermalArc 400 GTSW
            MillerMatic350P
            MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
            MKCobraMig260
            Lincoln SP-170T
            Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
            Hypertherm 1250
            Hypertherm 800
            PlasmaCam CNC cutter
            Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
            SiberHegner CNC Mill
            2 ea. Bridgeport
            LeBlond 15" Lathe
            Haberle 18" Cold Saw
            Doringer 14" Cold Saw
            6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by H80N View Post
              Great score...

              The MM200 is a great classic machine, duty cycle rated equal to a MM252....

              Kept mine... even though I have a MM350P....

              The MM200 is a well kept secret....
              Same here. I will always have my MM200.
              Millermatic Passport Plus
              Millermatic 200

              Millermatic 350P with Python
              XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12VS
              Dynasty 300 DX
              Thermal Arc 400 MST
              Victor O/A
              Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

              Comment


              • #8
                They will have to pry my MM200 from my cold dead hands.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I gladly gave up a MM 200......in trade for a Syncrowave 250
                  Plus I got the MM 200 for free and put under a 100 in it

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X