mm200 settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mm200 settings

I did a search on mm200 setup but still not sure on settings. Chart inside shows settings using co2. I am using 75/25 mix and from reading a few of the posts this changes what the settings need to be. Some state to dial everything down, but one post said to dial up due to co2 giving more penetration. I have a few questions in regards to the machine and settings. 1st question is about low and high range settings. From what I can determine low range #1 is about 10v and each position goes up about 2v with #6 low and #1 high being about 20v and #6 high up to 30v, Is this correct? 2nd question is about setting wire speed. Do you set it at % of highest welder speed which is 585 ipm on my welder or is it % of difference between the max. and min. range, 6o ipm is min. on my welder, (ex. 585-06x%setting or just % 585x% setting? Last question I have is that I will be welding some 3/16" steel together and I know that .035 wire is recommended, I have .030 in my machine right now. What should I set the welder at? Should I start with what is on my chart for co2 which is #2 in high range and 60% wire speed? Sorry for long winded question, just to let you know serial # is a jf # and manual dated 1985 if this matters. Thank you.

Originally posted by gregz View Post
    I did a search on mm200 setup but still not sure on settings. Chart inside shows settings using co2. I am using 75/25 mix and from reading a few of the posts this changes what the settings need to be. Some state to dial everything down, but one post said to dial up due to co2 giving more penetration. I have a few questions in regards to the machine and settings. 1st question is about low and high range settings. From what I can determine low range #1 is about 10v and each position goes up about 2v with #6 low and #1 high being about 20v and #6 high up to 30v, Is this correct? 2nd question is about setting wire speed. Do you set it at % of highest welder speed which is 585 ipm on my welder or is it % of difference between the max. and min. range, 6o ipm is min. on my welder, (ex. 585-06x%setting or just % 585x% setting? Last question I have is that I will be welding some 3/16" steel together and I know that .035 wire is recommended, I have .030 in my machine right now. What should I set the welder at? Should I start with what is on my chart for co2 which is #2 in high range and 60% wire speed? Sorry for long winded question, just to let you know serial # is a jf # and manual dated 1985 if this matters. Thank you.
    It's all about arc length. C25 works the best on my mm200, but it is not that different than CO2. The chart will get you close whichever gas. Every machine is going to run a little different anyway, so you need to tune it in yourself a bit anyway.

I like to run mine on the next setting higher and burn the weld in just because I am paranoid. Then I adjust the wire speed to get the best arc length.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

I find the factory settings very close, even with C25.

Comment

Either download, get the app, or order the chart from miller for its MIG welding parameters. It will give you voltage and ipm wire speed. To determine you wire speed, pull the trigger on the gun and then count off 6 seconds, stop, then measure the wire, multiply x 10 and that is you wire speed in IPM. Adjust accordingly.

Comment

Voltage settings

You'll need to check the serial # of your MM 200 to determine which voltage chart to use.
          Attached Files
          Millermatic Passport Plus
          Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
          XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12VS
          Dynasty 300 DX
          Thermal Arc 400 MST
          Victor O/A
          Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

Comment

Working...
          X