welding gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welding gloves

Ok, im right handed and my left hand gloves really take a beating from steadying welding rod. Anybody got a source for buying a package of left only gloves?

I have the same problem. My rh gove outlasts 3 lh ones. Where i used to work my buddy was left handed so i would trade him my rights for his lefts. I found if i wrap masking tape around my lh midsection i can get another week as the tape can be replaced easy enough...Bob
    Bob Wright

Comment

welding gloves

Try steadying your right hand, not the rod, you won't burn up your glove as much. You can also get a reflective high heat shield for your left hand.

Comment

Start learning to weld left handed. Seriously. It doesn't take that long, and then you can make your glove wear out more equally.

Comment

Great replies, thanks. Most glove damage occurs in overhead welding. I will try all reccomendations. Thanks again.

Comment

i notice alot of people especially kids we got working for us welding with both hands holding stinger. ive picked it up several times with either hand and its not heavy so i dont see what the problem is. i weld with one hand one day the other the next day. my free hand is usually holding me in position. now the problem with these kids is when they need to make a weld in position they need to hold on with right hand and make weld with left in an awkward position they are unable and i gotta climb my hefty frame over there and make the weld while they go get a drink from their mommas. learn to use either hand proficiently. Well i suppose in this day and age employers have to be equal oppurtunity and provide seperate facilities

Comment

Using both hands to weld

Speaking from experience, getting good at welding with both hands is a real asset. Been doing it for years.. and I'm sure an out-growth of learning as a kid to hammer with either hand.. There will be places where it's much easier to do with the other hand..

I'm a right handed person, yet hammer with my left hand.. My left arm is actually stronger than my right..

I remember as a kid going down to our dimly lit basement and using the stairs as the "workbench".. The lighting was better on the left hand side and was more convenient to use my left hand hammering.. I actually remember switching back and forth between left and right hands and stuck with the left hand. Hmmm.. hand saw.. prefer my right hand.
              Hobby Welder for about 32 years
              Hobart 190 MIG with SpoolGun
              Hobart AirForce 700i Plasma Cutter
              Hornell Speedglas 9000X Helmet
              295A AC Buzzbox (what I learned on)
              Miller Bobcat 225, factory propane option, also serves as my emergency power generator
              Dandeman's Toy Page

Comment

They have slip on guards called cool hands saves my left hand gloves

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy0305 View Post
                  They have slip on guards called cool hands saves my left hand gloves
                  they sell mens clothing where you got those?

Comment

Working...
                  X