Arc Quality - Pro 300 vs Trailblazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beamwalker View Post
    the very first oil change when machine is new required 50 hours for FIRST oil change but after that its like 100 hours. dont take no more time to change oil than to drink a cup of coffee. we have a 251 tb at work. no good on cv
    My TB 251 says 50 hr oil change right on the info tag. It is also very good on CV, I wonder what might make your not good on CV?

Comment

Arc Quality - Pro 300 vs Trailblazer

I liked the CV output on my 251 also.

Comment

Cruizer, I have to agree with you, When I can buy 3 trailblazers for the cost of one big diesel I cant justify the $12,000.00 diesel.

I also cant justify the Trail blazer air pac, I can buy 2 gas powered compressors for the upcharge of the air option on the welders and the gas compressor is 2 stage and gives me 175 psi that is helpfull when trying to break some bolts loose.

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
          My TB 251 says 50 hr oil change right on the info tag. It is also very good on CV, I wonder what might make your not good on CV?
          it will weld fine for maybe an hour on cv then it will stop giving weld output in cv mode. i unplug my suitcase switch it back to stick and just use it for stick mode for while. in fact i just quit using it for cv. i drag big blue 500 out for cv now. it will give me 30-32 volts all day no problem. and my connections were clean on 251. its just not worth fight.

Comment

Originally posted by beamwalker View Post
            Originally posted by walker View Post
            it will weld fine for maybe an hour on cv then it will stop giving weld output in cv mode. i unplug my suitcase switch it back to stick and just use it for stick mode for while. in fact i just quit using it for cv. i drag big blue 500 out for cv now. it will give me 30-32 volts all day no problem. and my connections were clean on 251. its just not worth fight.
            That's too bad, I was impressed with how well it worked on mine. Don't do wire feed very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
              Cruizer, I have to agree with you, When I can buy 3 trailblazers for the cost of one big diesel I cant justify the $12,000.00 diesel.

I also cant justify the Trail blazer air pac, I can buy 2 gas powered compressors for the upcharge of the air option on the welders and the gas compressor is 2 stage and gives me 175 psi that is helpfull when trying to break some bolts loose.
              The screw compressor on my TB 302 beats pistons any day
              and i work out of either of my two pickups and don't have room for a separate compressor that just burns more gas

I don't know when folks will ever learn that higher pressure does NOT equal volume

I have run all sizes of impact wrenches and plasma cutters and sand blasters off the screw compressor and never lacked for full volume at 90 to 100 psi

But i don't run things above there rated pressure it just kills them sooner
              Backed my CATMA over your CARMA
              OOP"S clumsy me

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Digital Elite (new)
              Jackson EQC master (old)
              Miller Trail Blazer 302 Air Pak
              Spectrum 625 Extreme
              Suitcase 12RC
              Evolution Rage 3 saw
              Victor O/A
              Craftsmen Atlas 12X36 Lathe
              Half a ton of tooling
              Rusty old truck

Comment

Dont worry kill Dozer, I'm not getting pressure and volume mixed up and I dont dispute that the average screw compressor puts out alot more CFM, I only have a 1/2" impact and there are times when I have to wait for my compressor to kick off at 175 to get that little extra to bust the bolt loose, If I'm not mistaken I believe the average screw compressor gives 150 psi max.

Your right about sand blasting, when I have to blast out on a job which is rarely, I have to have both my trucks out on the job and I couple the 2 compressors together.

Comment

I have run from 1/2" to 1" impacts off it
                  And i don't use the blaster very often either but if something needs a massive amount of rust and scale removed you can't beat it even with the mess it makes and metal is real clean even in tight places you can't get a grinder with a wire wheel of any kind and it's way faster...You just wind up having to blow all that abrasive out

It will deliver on high output 31 CFM @ up to 160 PSI @ 100% duty cycle
                  No tank needed
                  Backed my CATMA over your CARMA
                  OOP"S clumsy me

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Digital Elite (new)
                  Jackson EQC master (old)
                  Miller Trail Blazer 302 Air Pak
                  Spectrum 625 Extreme
                  Suitcase 12RC
                  Evolution Rage 3 saw
                  Victor O/A
                  Craftsmen Atlas 12X36 Lathe
                  Half a ton of tooling
                  Rusty old truck

Comment

Both of my Trail Blazers are down, one in the repair shop and as of yesterday the other one has acted up so I was forced to go buy a new one, I did not get the air pac nor did I go with the EFI.
                    The price sure has crept up on the little machines however, just under $ 5,000.00
                    and people think I make to much when I tell them I have a $ 160.00 minimum to come out to a job.
                    A carpenter typically charges $ 15-20 hr. less than me but $ 5,000.00 will buy every tool he needs and still leave money left to help buy a truck.

A full blown service truck with a crane, compressor, welder and tools is well over $ 100,000.00.

Comment

$5K is wayyyyy high. Did you buy it from an LWS that doesn't have a Miller contract, or one that uses AirGas to buy them from.

Comment

i bought a tb 302 no efi about a month and a half ago paid 4550 and got them to throw in a free cover.

Comment

Originally posted by weld007 View Post
                          i bought a tb 302 no efi about a month and a half ago paid 4550 and got them to throw in a free cover.
                          Thats still a little too high, who did you buy it from?

Comment

It was a Miller Distributer, The actual price was $ 4463 plus tax that brought it to $ 4730.00.
                            $ 270.00 shy of $ 5,000.00.

I actual just got a job from the weld supply to do some work on their building so I didd'nt try to talk them down.
                            It was only $ 140.00 more than what I would have paid online and we have a big job to start on Monday so I was not in a possition to wait.

Comment

I was the tax thing, I don't include it as I get it back anyways through write offs.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                                Thats still a little too high, who did you buy it from?
                                western canadian welding suplies, i shoped around a bit praxair was more and acklands wanted 5 grand.

Comment

Working...
                                X