Arc Quality - Pro 300 vs Trailblazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arc Quality - Pro 300 vs Trailblazer

I'm looking to get a Pro 300. How does the arc compare to my Trailblazer 251? By the price difference I'm guessing it must be a step up in performance. How about the dig control - make a big difference?

Thats a difficult one, especially on dig control, as the Pro has 4 settings, most everyone leaves it on "C". The actual arc though is likely close to the same.

Yours fires through a set of diodes, the Pro300 through a set of Scrs'

The Pro certainly has more auxillary

Comment

Get a vantage

Comment

Originally posted by jbomb View Post
        Get a vantage
        Well I'm sorta censored on other brands, so I can't say which is better.

Comment

I've tried both and I think the vantage is way better

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
            Well I'm sorta censored on other brands, so I can't say which is better.
            What do you like in this price bracket?

Comment

Maybe I need to consider the "other" brand. What would I look at Vantage 300, 400? I see the 400 has a lot of aux power. Might be nice if I wanted to take my ironworker to the jobsite!

Comment

I would go with the 400

Comment

Really its up to you, personally I'd fogo the Diesels, as they are too heavy to lug around, somewhat hard on the suspensions and warrantees don't last long on a diesel something like 2500 hrs

So you have to think, warrantee wise, standard bumper to bumper gasser is 3 years, so taking into consideration a diesel is around $12K thats pretty much 3 Miller 302 Trailblazers, or its competitor a Lincoln 305G (which has an optional 2 year extended warrantee)

Which do I like better, can't say, maybe others will chime in.

Comment

Arc Quality - Pro 300 vs Trailblazer

It's going in a gooseneck trailer so the weight part isn't a problem, I'm going back and forth on gas vs diesel for the economics you brought up.
                    Low speed diesel is a lot quieter but a new trailblazer is going to be a lot quieter than my old 251 NT anyway.
                    50 hour oil change interval doesn't work too well when I'm working long hours.
                    For backup generator I'd rather have diesel but is it worth the cost?
                    If I were to take my Ironworker to a jobsite, I'd need the vantage 400 to power it's 10hp motor.
                    And so on.
                    Last edited by Aaron Moberg; 07-14-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

None of them need a 50 hr oil change.

Comment

My Trailblazer 251NT with an Onan engine was supposed to be 50 hour intervals.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Moberg View Post
                          My Trailblazer 251NT with an Onan engine was supposed to be 50 hour intervals.
                          the very first oil change when machine is new required 50 hours for FIRST oil change but after that its like 100 hours. dont take no more time to change oil than to drink a cup of coffee. we have a 251 tb at work. no good on cv

Comment

The Onan was probably made a long time ago, I just pulled a sample from a tractor with old fuel pump and engine 3/4 worn out. Original service when it was made was 100/150 hrs, using 5/40 synth Rotella at 250 the oil was half worn out. I am going to yank the machine out of my service truck for some other service, when it does it will get its 10 yr change, I don't use it much but will put the T6 Rotella in it, at this rate will likely never change it again. Lawn mower with the Kohler in it will go to 250, I am done changing oil at every turn, its about a waste of time and effort n most cases.

My helper noticed the other day that the certified brand from Sams club was SM, only one I have seen lately. Everything else is SN including some off the shelf we got from Kmart for the only one we got that uses 5/20, I was going to go to synth there too but the price difference was big at K,,, 10 buck less at Wally though, would have been a deal.
                            Last edited by Sberry; 07-15-2012, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Okay, you've convinced me to at least check them out. I like the aux power on the vantage 400. Probably looking at a used machine if I go this route.
                              Anything to watch for?
                              Engine preference?
                              I think I may try to rent one to try it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X