miller maxtron search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miller maxtron search

Im looking to purchase a miller maxtron and feeder i live in southern indiana anyone know anyone that has one of these great machines for sale thanks in advance Kyle

Pretty ancient machines from a technology standpoint. Difficuilt to repair and a tough one to get parts for.

Goodluck in your search though.

Comment

What is your goal with this search? Do you really want that machine or are you looking for some capability?

Comment

Honestly i'm limited to single phase power. I would like 100% duty cycle, a seperate feeder from power source, id like to have the capability to weld larger dia. wire if needed. Somthing id love to have is the ability to pulse but not necessary at the moment. Im not a real fan of the tiny machines example the xmt304 mainly because i have never used one. This machine is going to be dedicated to nothing but mig. I have several machines so i dont realy want an all purpose set up however i want the best quality beads a mig machine and myself can produce and ive heard the xmt's are ok at all processes but not perfect at any... correct me if im wrong. i want a 4 drive roll system on whatever i buy next and the 350p has that but they are also very pricey. for that i thought a maxtron 450 with a S-74-D feeder would be great. im very open to suggestions help me out ill never turn knowlege away. thoughts on miller regency250, shopmaster, shop mate(a lil pricey and harder to find) Xmt's let me hear it, im all ears btw i just sold my like new millermatic 185 for 900$ to put towards whatever machine i decide to get. I know its not going to be cheap by any means but id like to spend as less as possible and i thought the maxtron was late 90's early 2000's inverter tech. is it realy that out of date? ive never even used one im just going by what i read thanks in advance kyle

Comment

id like to have somthing comparable to my 452 deltaweld at work but in a single phase package if possible i realy dont need that many amps, i rarely go over 18-21 volts on my feeder ex .035 hard wire .045 fluxcore but if i ever needed to go larger i have the option.

Comment

Ahhh, the XMT 304 puts out 400 amps when you call for it. Its hardly tiny machine on output! Input is meager compared to a transformer machine

A Shopmaster 300 might be a better choice however it draws ALOT of power

A Regency 250 is basically a powersource for a feeder or spoolgun

Realisticly, just get another standalone feeder, like a 211, 252, as it appears thats what your after anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
              Realisticly, just get another standalone feeder, like a 211, 252, as it appears thats what your after anyways.
              I had an XMT304 and a Deltaweld 452 at work and miss them both. Now i have a new MM252 and its a great machine but i hate the 15' gun combined with gas flux core wire. Solid wire its a ok...Bob
              Bob Wright

Comment

i just sold my mm185 standalone unit one reason is the weak drive roll system i loved the 185 but i didnt care for the single drive roll and the mm252 has a dual drive system but i realy want the BEEFY reliability of the 4 drive roll system a seperate feeder provides Cruiser are the maxtrons realy that outdated i thought it was the newer inverter tech do you think the Xmt304 will take the abuse of an industrial setting and how does it weld compared to the deltaweld 452 thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                X