WELDER Troubles again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WELDER Troubles again

Hey everyone havnt been on for a while The last time was when my machine was gone for 2 months, It was a broken crank and a spot on the stator,, Miller sent a new stator and motor but the repair guy played around so much that miller sent me a new machine
    so I had it ready to go new truck and new skid, with roll out cargo bed, tricked out with cable spools, torch hoses Oxy bottles laying in the bottom,tool boxes on the side and a new welder,,,,,
    32 HRS later there was a back fire, alot of gurgling and sputtering the engine quit, and the exhaust pipe looked like a oil rig burn off stack with a flame just lingering away, so now the machine has gone for service again(to a different spot) And really have no worry because miller has certaily showed they stand behind the machines.
    It seems to be a fuel problem, i would say to much fuel pumped in,,
    or the injectors went faulty...
    as it is the 302 EFI with the Kohler engine
    Just had knee surgery yesterday so i am off my feet ,crutches only for two weeks so I wont need it anyway,, for now
    hope summer is going great for all you welders

I'm sure nothing else will go wrong for you this summer. Can't go swimming(bum knee) can't work,(bum knee,bum welder) and can't go welding. You must be pretty bummed out? LOL. Bob.

Just trying to make light of the situation. I just got my machine back after the brushes wore out and the rotor fried as a result of my negligence and I sure don't want to go down that $$$ road again.ouch!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cornerstone View Post
      I'm sure nothing else will go wrong for you this summer. Can't go swimming(bum knee) can't work,(bum knee,bum welder) and can't go welding. You must be pretty bummed out? LOL. Bob.

Just trying to make light of the situation. I just got my machine back after the brushes wore out and the rotor fried as a result of my negligence and I sure don't want to go down that $$$ road again.ouch!!
      Huh??. Hows a rotor going to fry on worn out brushes. you'd just get erratic to no output. If anything the holders for them might break and gouge the commutator. But thats an easy fix.

Who did the repair?
      Last edited by cruizer; 07-04-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X