Stick/Tig combo welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick/Tig combo welder

I'm graduating high school next week, and after that I wont have anything but MIG available to me until I start my college course. Does anyone know of a decent stick/tig combination welder that is around $300?

For $300, all you will get is an AC buzzbox stick welder.
    If you want a basic stick and scratchg start DC tig, you need a DC or AC/DC machine which will cost more. You will have to raise your budget.
    Lincoln Idealarc 250
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Torchmate CNC table

Comment

Only one I know of if its still avalible is the thermal arc 95s, got one as a freeby for buying a plasma machine. small and light duty but very impressive machine.
      "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

Comment

I second a old acdc buzz box. I have one and love it the first shop I worked for had the same little lincoln ac/dc 225 for the entire shop they are bullet proof and weld extremely well craiglist you can be lucky and pick one up for around 100-175 then dpend the leftovet money on some tig equipment for it.
        Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
        Maxstar 150STL
        Metabos
        Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
        Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
        Stihl TS 420

[email protected]

Comment

AC/DC buzzbox and a scratch-start rig.

Miller Thunderbolts are better than my tapped Lincoln because of the fine adjustment.

Comment

Not sure where youre located but you should be able to find a used AC/DC buzzbox for < $300. Id keep an eye out in the want ads and craigslist. My little son went this route for his welder. You just need to be patient....

Comment

Seems well within your price range. Ive used a similar machine in school and it worked OK. Its certainly not pretty but if it works then youre way ahead. If not this one there are others to be had.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/tls/3048241930.html

Comment

This is new and right in your range...

http://store.cyberweld.com/tharcstwe95s.html

Comment

Working...
                X