Q. What rod would you recommend for TIG welding mild steel chassis? Most is .063 & .049 erw 3/4" and 1" round and square. Should I worry about copper inclusions from low $ copper coated rod? (Submitted by: j weatherseed from ontario, Canada )

A. I would use an ER70S-6 or ER70S-2 filler. If the rod is Classified "ER" and is compatible with steel, you shouldn't have to worry about copper coated rods. The "ER" designation means it is suitable for TIG welding.