X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plasmaman
    replied
    Spectrum 875 on CNC

There is no shortage of Spectrum 875's being run on CNC tables. DO you have a single phase 875 or autoline? Either one can be retrofit to work on a CNC table with or without the machine torch. If you would like more information on hooking up your Spectrum 875 to a CNC table you can either call or e-mail the plasma service department at Miller. 920-735-4854 or [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• shovelon
    replied
    A couple of used Plasmacam systems have popped up on [email protected]. One I saw is the DHC table complete for some $5k.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Plasmapig/

You cannot post there as you have to be a registered owner, but if you see something I can forward your information for you.
    Last edited by shovelon; 05-29-2012, 09:09 AM. Reason: spelen

Leave a comment:

• bellamachinery
    replied
    My father has a Plasmacam table also that he has a Hypertherm Powermax 600 hooked up to. The only problem that he has ever had with it was that he had a drive motor go out on the gantry. Instead of buying a new motor, he had the old motor rebuilt and now it's good as new. Plasmacam can be a little hard headed when it comes to customer support though. Each table is registered to the original owner at the time of original purchase so if you buy one second hand, you have to jump through their hoops to get any help from Plasmacam.
    Also, if you have the Spectrum 875 Auto Line, that should be an excellent machine for a CNC table. It has a few different features on it, like a hookup for torch hight control and "ok to move" for your controller.
    Last edited by bellamachinery; 05-29-2012, 07:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Have a Plasmacam 4x4 w/Hypertherm Powermax 1000.... and have been very happy with it...for the last several years..

makes for a much stouter setup that first look would lead you to believe.....

The REALLY good news is that CNC Plasma tables have matured a bunch in the last few years.... so there are a whole range of great options out there.. at an affordable price......

BTW... as much as I love my Miller welders... I am still of the opinion that as plasma cutters go, Hypertherm is still the king of that hill....
    Last edited by H80N; 05-28-2012, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• snoeproe
    replied
    I am a happy Torchmate cnc plasma table owner.
    You don't hear too many guys running Miller plasma cutters on cnc tables but there's no reason why you couldn't. Does Miller make an automated version of the Spectrum 875?
    I run a Thermal Dynamics plasma on my table.
    Do you have any CAD softwear experience right now? Thats a learning curve in itself.

Leave a comment:

• jessehornberger
    replied
    thank you

Thank you! ill take that all into consideration, still in the research phase, but think i can make this happen in the near future!

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Ok. I don't know how much you know about cnc stuff. Some companies have their own software and if they don't have good support or fold, you're in a bit of trouble. I built my own cnc router. I use Mach 3 for a controller. Great support. My cad program is Aspire and second to none in support and so many people use these two programs, getting help will never be a problem. In the past I had heard people that had bought Plasma Cam had problems with support especially if you were not the original purchaser. I have heard it's better now. With these programs, you can use an off the shelf computer providing it has the requirements. I built mine in 2006 and it hasn't missed a lick. I use it with a router and haven't put a plasma on it yet and probably won't, but I could. I would hate to buy a car that only used a special spark plug that I had to get from the manufacture. Catch my drift? Just my $.02. Spending $20,000 leaves you many options. Go to CNCZONE.com and do a little reading. I'm no expert, but I'm glad I went the way I did.
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• jessehornberger
    replied
    price

this is not for just a 3 axis table. it come with water bed,computer, software, shipping, set up and tested on customer site, warrenty, training and more. all options add to 22,000 but i will probably opt out of some of the options.

welding 10 hours a day at my current job i figgure i want a plug and play system so i can come home and cut some jobs, and not have to worry about the machine. if i can get the machine to pay for its self for now i will be happy, but adventualy want open my own shop.

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    What makes that machine worth $20,000 when 4x8 tables can be had for less? Just asking.

Leave a comment:

• jessehornberger
    started a topic CNC Plasma table

CNC Plasma table

after working in a lazer shop for about a year and knowing the demand for cutting work out there i am thinking about investing in my own 4x8 table. i am looking at a system from EZ router for around $20,000. I have a spectrum 875 with a hand torch on it now and thinking about using that for my power source, I see that Miller makes a machine head for this machine! anyone use the 875 for production cutting? and if so any pros or cons i should know about?
Working...
X