amps draw on mm252

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amps draw on mm252

Anyone know what the amp draw on This machine is at full potential?

Looking to add one to my collection possibly

I think 42 so put on a 50amp breaker. Awsome welder.
    Last edited by Rezeppa; 05-27-2012, 04:53 AM.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
    Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
    Stihl TS 420

[email protected]

Comment

Comes factory wired 6-50

Comment

amps draw on mm252

Rezeppa thx, thats exactly what i was needing.

Im jut tryin to decide if i should go with the dual tank spool gun setup or buy the mig only setup.

Any thoughts

Comment

amps draw on mm252

If you got the money get the spoolgun also but I would go with a TIG...

Comment

amps draw on mm252

I have syncrowave 200 for my tig needs.

Im upgrading my mig machine. Looking at the 252 and saw the spool gun package. Im considering the spoolgun setup for thicker aluminum if i ever need it. Which will probably be seldom, but it looks like i can save alittle by purchasing as a package rather than seperate later on.

What r thought on that? I know i could always use helium and push my syncro 200 to do thicker aluminum if i had too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobpump53 View Post
              I know i could always use helium and push my syncro 200 to do thicker aluminum if i had too.
              There is a major Helium shortage right now. I see signs all over my town that say NO HELIUM for graduation balloons...Bob
              Bob Wright

Comment

amps draw on mm252

I got the MM252 and I love it...I only have it setup for steel and I don't do hardly any aluminum but I do have I diversion 180 if I do need to do aluminum. I have never used a spoolgum before but it would be nice to have...

Comment

This is one of the only machines in the lineup with 50A plug that actually lists 8 or better wire, even then its only an issue if you really smokin on it with special process.

Comment

The biggest regret I have with my machine at home (211) was waiting to get the spool gun. At work all of our 252's are dual rack/ spool gun except our first one. It comes in handy and def saves time but its alot of money. how much aluminum do you weld? Will it pay for its self? Just the capability of being able to weld aluminum comes in handy obviously so list pros and cons. me I dont really care aboht the dual rack swaping tanks isnt that bad and I would rather push a machine with only one big tank on the back of it around. I (personally) also dont weld that much aluminim though.
                    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
                    Maxstar 150STL
                    Metabos
                    Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
                    Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
                    Stihl TS 420

[email protected]

Comment

amps draw on mm252

Well after alot of thought i decided on the mm252 with spoolgun package.

Thx for the help

Comment

I am late to this but if it was me in a maintenance or hobby situation I would be tempted to buy a 252 if I absolutely didn't need the top end on alum,,, which as a farmer generally I don't and take all the cash saved from the spool gun and buy a 210 class package machine and all. For my crude needs the HH210 has replaced the tig and I can share a bottle if the need arises, also if one finds they really don't need the alum on occasion the machines are wonderful with 030 steel, invest in 2 bottles of mix for steel, gives a bottle for each unit. I got to have a 250 class machine around but the 175 that rides near my workbench I use 10 x for any other type of weld.

Comment

Working...
                        X