Q. I want to build my own drag race frame for a motorcycle. They specify that all welds must be Heli-arc. Does a MIG weld qualify for this, or only TIG? (Submitted by: john raby from pottstown pa)

A. Heli-arc refers to the TIG weld process. Years ago people didn't use the term TIG that often. So when you see the name Heli-arc, think TIG.