dialarc hf problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dialarc hf problem

Hi i just bought a used dialarc hf with a cooler and foot pedal It seems to have no control of the power setting it welds full power with the knob turned all the way up but when i lower it i get a small arc i replaced the rhiostat but still the same problem it is a single phase unit and i have the jumpers set for 230 position any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Originally posted by Xman View Post
    Hi i just bought a used dialarc hf with a cooler and foot pedal It seems to have no control of the power setting it welds full power with the knob turned all the way up but when i lower it i get a small arc i replaced the rhiostat but still the same problem it is a single phase unit and i have the jumpers set for 230 position any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
    Just for clarity. There are two rheostats. One in the machine, one in the foot pedal. There are also two relevant switches. One that says use the remote for on/off, one that says use the remote for current control.

You want both switched to remote. It the remote mode, the dial on the box is your maximum amps.

I would double check the condition of the foot control and the wires leading to it. Ohm it out.

There's really not too much to these welders, but, in theory, you could have a bad contact or broken wire somewhere. The owners manual comes with a wiring diagram. You can start there. A service manual would of course be best.
    Con Fuse!
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    -Spoolmatic 30A

Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
    Miller Multimatic 200 - awesome portable MIG (and stick and TIG)
    Miller Maxstar 200DX - portable TIG and stick

Comment

xman

Hi thanks for responding, I should have told you i wasnt using the remote the switches are all off remote, amp control ,and hf im using a stick ,but also tried using the tig with the switches on and still seems to weld improperly the foot pedal has better control than the knob,its either blasting or very small arc (barely welding )

Comment

Working...
      X