Looking for a career on a NASCAR team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a career on a NASCAR team

Q. I am currently thinking about a career change and have always wanted to be a roll cage welder/fabricator for a NASCAR team. How would a person go about finding and applying for a job of this nature? I have a varied background in welding including having been a welding instructor. I currently own two Miller machines (the Millermatic 250 MP and the Syncrowave 250) and I really love their performance. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. (Submitted by: James Atkinson from Unknown)

A. There are a couple of avenues you could take. Check out www.racejobs.com, www.racingresume.com or www.AUTOjobs.com. Be advised, most teams look for some fabrication experience. Very few teams hire dedicated welders only. Most will fabricate, and welding is a vital part of that. You might be making aluminum ductwork one day and mounting seats or crush panels the next. You could try a chassis manufacturer like Hopkins, Laughlin, Billy Hess, Childress Chassis, Hedgecock chassis, Townsend chassis, etc. to get some experience before jumping to a team. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Working...
X