Engine question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine question

I am wondering if someone knows what year Miller started to use the Kohler engines in their welders? Also what models? Thank you in advance!!
    Paul
    At home:
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 211 Auto-set
    Spoolmate 100

At work:
    2-Syncrowave 250
    2-maxstar 150
    millermatic 250X
    Dynasty 200 DX

Thats a toughy, why do you need to know this anyways?

Comment

I have an opportunity to buy an engine drive for scrap price, but am not able to look at it until Monday morning . Just needs a new motor is all I have for specifics right now . I'm just getting a little excited that's leading to research.
      At home:
      Dynasty 200 DX
      Millermatic 211 Auto-set
      Spoolmate 100

At work:
      2-Syncrowave 250
      2-maxstar 150
      millermatic 250X
      Dynasty 200 DX

Comment

Kohler Engine Usage

Perhaps the time frame for Kohler engine usage can be narrowed down by user posts of their purchase dates.

I bought a new Miller Bobcat 225 in October 1999 and specified the Factory Propane Fuel Option with the Kohler Command Pro Engine..

They were still using the Onan engines also in that time frame. They derated the 225 about 10% if ordered with the Onan engine and propane option, but with the Kohler engine, they went up to the next larger sized engine if the propane fuel option was specified so the 225 did not have to be derated.

I might be wrong, but I don't think they had been using the Kohler Engine that long when I bought mine....
        Last edited by dandeman; 05-05-2012, 01:38 PM.
        Hobby Welder for about 32 years
        Hobart 190 MIG with SpoolGun
        Hobart AirForce 700i Plasma Cutter
        Hornell Speedglas 9000X Helmet
        295A AC Buzzbox (what I learned on)
        Miller Bobcat 225, factory propane option, also serves as my emergency power generator
        Dandeman's Toy Page

Comment

Wow! That's better than what I was thinking!!! Thanks for the replies so far! Please keep them coming as it is adding to my excitement for a new rebuild project!
          At home:
          Dynasty 200 DX
          Millermatic 211 Auto-set
          Spoolmate 100

At work:
          2-Syncrowave 250
          2-maxstar 150
          millermatic 250X
          Dynasty 200 DX

Comment

Working...
          X