Help with 350P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 350P

I have a 350P welder that is giving me fits. It seems to mainly have problems when I am welding at the higher voltages. This of course is in the pulse mode. If i set the welder to the 450 range to weld 1/2 plate it seems to weld good for a while but after about 10 minutes of welding it starts to act up. It seems that after this amt of time the wire stops feeding as fast and it starts to burn the wire back closer to the tip. You can actually feel the wire jumping in the gun itself as it does this. It may do it for 10 seconds and it may do it for longer. It doesn't seem to do this when the welder is set around the 350 mark.

One of the first things i did was to check the drive rolls and make sure they were tight and not allowing the wire to slip. I have also tried to replace the tips as soon as this happens and it doesn't seem to help either. I even tried larger tips thinking that the tip was getting to hot and allowing the wire to stick in it sometimes. None of these fixes have actually fixed it. I have also played around with the arc length also. While the arc length does help to keep it from sticking in the tips it doesn't seem to help the issue that i am having. I have figured out on my machine that when i am welding at the 450 range i need to have my arc length at about 15. When i am at the 350 range i set it about 30. These setting have really helping with the machine in general.

Is there anyone else out there that is experiencing these kind of issues? Can you help me please. I am about ready to throw it over the hill.

Sure, your wire drive is too friggen tight....

Comment

Start up on 350p

New to me 350p.....when I first turn it on it takes about 3 seconds before I hear a contractor click and then light come on as expected. Is this normal?

Comment

Help with 350P

Do a search on 350p issues. Many many results... Too many for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by Glidertow View Post
          New to me 350p.....when I first turn it on it takes about 3 seconds before I hear a contractor click and then light come on as expected. Is this normal?

Yes
          sigpic

Dynasty 200 DX
          Millermatic 350P
          30A Spoolgun
          Lincoln Pro Mig 140
          Hypertherm Powermax 30
          14" Rage Evolution dry saw
          40 ton press brake
          Evenheat Heat treat oven

1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

Comment

Originally posted by ja baudin View Post
            Yes
            +1...

Yup... It's little computer brain needs to wake up... yawn... and face the day...

Mine does...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
            Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by ericher69 View Post
              and you will find that most of those "Issues" are operator related...

the MM350P is a complex machine that does a lot of stuff with a lot of adjustments...
              So.... a tremendous amount of opportunity for the operator to get into trouble.....

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post

the MM350P is a complex machine that does a lot of stuff with a lot of adjustments...
                So.... a tremendous amount of opportunity for the operator to get into trouble.....
                I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that MOST issues are user related but there seems to be many issues also that are not user related.

Comment

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that MOST issues are user related but there seems to be many issues also that are not user related.
                  I have had my MM350P since 2007.... ZERO Problems.....
                  and know lots of other guys with them... also happy campers...

How long have you had yours..?? and what type of problems have you personally experienced..??
                  Last edited by H80N; 06-22-2014, 01:13 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 200

Comment

When I first got mine I thought it would weld for me, not true, you have to figure it out and dial it in just like any other machine and then some. However, once you figure it out, it's a monster on a leash!
                    sigpic

Dynasty 200 DX
                    Millermatic 350P
                    30A Spoolgun
                    Lincoln Pro Mig 140
                    Hypertherm Powermax 30
                    40 ton press brake
                    Evenheat Heat treat oven

1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

Comment

Thanks fellows. Did some work with it today in MIG sure like the arc settings. Got to get some 90/10 so I can use the pulse.

Comment

Like Cruiser said, my first issue was wire tension inside the machine when using the push-pull. Erratic arc length, burn through or burn back. In my opinion now, they should have called the gun a pull gun rather than a push pull. Let the gun do the work and the rollers in the machine are there just for a guide. Almost no tension.

Don't believe it, do like me and buy a 30A. Only pushing and it welds awesome! I liked the gun angle and the lead wasn't as heavy so I favored the spoolgun, sold the push pull. But before I did I was able to duplicate results with both guns. Had a saying back in school. "PIW", Put In Work. Ie, it won't weld for you, you have to make it weld.

Good luck, Ja
                        Last edited by ja baudin; 06-22-2014, 07:41 PM.
                        sigpic

Dynasty 200 DX
                        Millermatic 350P
                        30A Spoolgun
                        Lincoln Pro Mig 140
                        Hypertherm Powermax 30
                        40 ton press brake
                        Evenheat Heat treat oven

1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

Comment

I have had my MM350P since 2007.... ZERO Problems.....
                          and know lots of other guys with them... also happy campers...

How long have you had yours..?? and what type of problems have you personally experienced..??
                          I don't! I have no legitimate use for it therefore purchased a 252 last summer.

Just reading through "issue" threads as I would love to own one; but simply overkill+++ for what I do.

Comment

Help with 350P

Bought mine late 2010. The only issue with it was me. It almost welds itself with proper adjustments.
                            I run pulse all day long with 85-15 gas.
                            What wire and size are you using?
                            I'm running metal core most of the time and weld 1/2" to 1-1/2" metal a lot but I don't run at that high setting with .045
                            Also at 450 what amps are you running?

Comment

I don't! I have no legitimate use for it therefore purchased a 252 last summer.

Just reading through "issue" threads as I would love to own one; but simply overkill+++ for what I do.
                              So... the bottom line is...

You do not own nor have you used a MM350..??... but want to comment on "issues" you have no experience with..?? is that right..??

There are folks that say they have it on good authority that the moon is made of Blue Cheese.... that must be true... I read it on the internet so it must be right...

Gotta love the internet...
                              Last edited by H80N; 06-22-2014, 04:44 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                              Dynasty 200DX
                              Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                              X